“A really lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2021

Had lunch here on Tuesday when visiting my student son and we both thought it was excellent. We were served by the lovely Cristina who was so pleasant and also very efficient. The food was superb and the steak and chips on the lunch menu is excellent value. I hadn't realised from previous visits that the conservatory roof opens up, so it felt really covid secure as the restaurant is so airy. It felt like we were eating out on holiday abroad, as the weather today meant a beautiful blue sky and glorious sunshine and everybody was in post lockdown good spirits. A lovely lunch and a lovely atmosphere. And when giving us our bill Cristina explained that the 10% service charge was optional, but I was very happy to pay it.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank carolM3120MD
LUCIAWINEBAR, General Manager at Lucia Wine Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2021

Thank you for such a lovely review! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and so will Cristina when I pass on your kind comments. Lets hope the weather stays nice and we can all enjoy a beautiful summer! We hope to see you again soon

Write a reviewReviews (2,162)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Just had a really lovely afternoon at Lucia in Beverley. I thought it was going to be another okayish Italian however the food was excellent.
We had a non alcoholic refreshing drink which was delicious cooking, fruity fresh and ot at all artificial like I've had at other places. The olives we so meaty and flavourful and my pan fried chicken with gnocchi and creamy tarragon sauce was absolutely beautiful! Haven't enjoyed a meal as much in a long time. Our lovely waitress Lottie was attentive and very pleasant without being false and she quickly sorted out the aircon for me as I was too cool.
Very impressed we will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It really means a lot to us and I'm sure Lottie will be very happy when I pass on your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Absolutely great lunch today, great out door , in door , lunch . New menu and staff so relaxed and nothing too much trouble. Some customers very selfish and trying staff to the extreme, staff amazing. Support your local restaurants, they are worth it.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for such a kind and supportive review! It really means a lot to us and I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Lovely food and amazing cocktails. Service was fast and staff were polite and attentive, thank you for being a great hostess

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for such a lovely review! I'll make sure to pass on your kind words to Annalise and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

I had the Carbonara and got food poisoning from it. Made me feel so ill and horrible. I won’t be coming back. Food is overpriced for what it is aswell.

Date of visit: April 2021
3  Thank freyap_m

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you were feeling unwell after dining with us. This is not something we hear very often at all and something we take very seriously when we do. Our kitchen follows strict food hygiene regulations, as our 5 star food hygiene rating can attest to, in order to ensure good quality and safe food for our guests. I would really appreciate it if you could email me with some further information such as the date of your visit, the onset and duration time of your symptoms to help me investigate this further. My email address is leah@luciawinebar.co.uk.