Moonfleet Manor Hotel
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Sandy Dreams(Weymouth)
US$99
Higher Moor Farm(Weymouth)(Great Value!)
US$21
Pitchup.com
Kelston Guest House(Weymouth)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel dogchesil beachlistening serviceresident dogclimbing wallcinema roomair hockeybaby listeningtable tennisluxury family hotelsfamily friendly hotelskittle alleyindoor play areaswimming pooltennis courtsplay barnthe main house
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night, as a couple, after hiking Portland this week.
We had our dog with us and could not have been made more welcome with her.
We arrived around 3.30 and were shown immediately to our room. Which wAs adequate, clean and stocked with everything we my need. Use of pool etc was explained and not confusing.
We were able to enjoy a a nice glass of wine on the terrace, which is pleasant and staff are unassuming, invisible, but turn up the minute you need anything.
We enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal, great menu, and exceptional service.
This is a family hotel, which we were aware of, but be warned that we were eating on the terrace until 9 pm and unsupervised children were playing on the lawn nearby. We were fine with this, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. They certainly did not offend us though. Family dining is until 7.30, and if you eat inside you wouldn't even know if they were there or not.
There are great facilities for kids and lovely walk along the lagoon. A very pleasant place to visit, we would definitely revisit, either alone or with the kids/family.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Neil C, General Manager at Moonfleet Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Mharris473,

Thank you so much for your delightful feedback. It's great to hear that couples also feel the Moonfleet Love!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We stayed for three nights with our 8 year-old and had a really great time. We were all in need of a break and the kids activities appealed. The weather was amazing and I think this really helped.

What we really liked - the food. I'm happy to pay a little more for good food and I wasn't disappointed. On one evening my husband's duck was not pink and a bit overcooked. A minor grumble. The chocolate torte was seriously good and one of the best deserts we've ever tasted.

I loved the decor. Yes I agree some areas such as the sand play area could be updated, and the pool area, but its a lovely hotel with great decor. Unfussy and comfortable.

The service is good and attentive.

The fossil hunt with head gardener Andrew deserves a mention as this was really enjoyable and educational. Highly recommended.

What we didn't like... I didn't like the fact that wine choices started at what I consider q a hefty price at 26.00. We eat out a fair bit and recently ate at one of the UK's best gastropubs, The Sportsman in Whitstable which has a fantastic wine menu, where v good wines start at a much more reasonable price. That said, the red we had on the first night was good. The wine, the second night, nothing special but still pricey. Also, two glasses of prosecco I ordered was on the stingy side. It felt like Moonfleet was trying to 'make cash' on the drinks side to us.

Another grumble... One of the things I love about a hotel stay is the nice toiletries. My heart sank when I read I couldn't keep them but could buy them for 15 pounds a bottle... Can I suggest maybe smaller bottles that guests could keeps to feel less short changed?

I appreciate Moonfleet is a luxury stay and its not 'value' you are seeking from a stay but v small amends would make it feel less begrudging when it comes to paying what for us was £1,000 for three nights. Full not third full glasses of prosecco would be a good start.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LouGarrett

Dear LouGarrett,

Thank you very much for your fab feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and look forward to seeing you again.

We are always happy to take on-board our guests comments, so please be assured that you comments have been noted.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We've been going to Fowey Hall and other of the "Luxury Family Hotels" for years now, so thought this would be great to try out. It was great with views of a fantastic beach and beautiful rooms, the only issue was, was in the living room. There are 4 or 5 family areas in the hotel packed with sofa's etc. But one of them had obviously had a large roofing issue so instead of replacing said area of the roof they decided to "no joke" STAPLE a BED SHEET to the effected area of the roof. This not only looked terrible and ridiculous, it also looked extremely haphazard and dangerous. If Moonfleet see this review I would suggest sorting this out ASAP as I heard a number of people also complaining about it. Other than that Moonfleet Manor Hotel is a great family Hotel for a short one night break or the entire half-term.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lol1050,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

The sheet that you refer to was a short terms measure whilst repairing a very old lathe and plaster ceiling. The process is much more difficult and time consuming than modern techniques, but as a Grade 2 listed building we do have the duty to ensure that repairs are in keeping with the buildings status - it has gone now, as the second coat has been applied and will be finished quite soon.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the rest of stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Beautiful situated hotel. We had a lovely pleasant walk on Jurassic coast . On return a excellent lunch on the terrace, was delicious. We had a 3 course meal which was brilliant lots of selection. We will be returning this summer The staff are very professional and polite. Thank you Moonfleet, job well done!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear viocreatevfx,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are all delighted to hear that you enjoyed your brief stopover with us so much.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night then used the hotel facilities the next day. Lovely location, great staff and very dog friendly. Had the champagne afternoon tea which I really enjoyed just wish I could have stayed for longer !!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty1278

Dear Betty1278,

It was lovely to meet you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.