“Wedding Anniversary”

Ranked #2 of 304 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We always like to try new places and we’d not eaten here before - especially when we are celebrating something. But having done so I am asking myself why we have missed this gem of a restaurant for so long?

The restaurant/bistro is intimate with an open kitchen, beautifully decorated, clean and airy.

Mrs started with Portobello stuffed mushroom and I had Garlic mushrooms in a port reduction sauce both of which were divine.

Mrs then had Cod Loin in a creamy sauce which was delicious and I had a Sirloin Steak on a bed of sautéed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Whilst the steak was a little sinewy in places (to be expected to be honest - and I’m saying this because like all steak no two pieces are the same and it drives me mad when people constantly expect it to fall apart because they are lazy chewers!!) most of it was beautifully cooked as ordered (medium rare) and the vegetables had a lovely slight crunch to them. The sautéed potatoes were lovely, tasty, crunchy in places and soft in others.

However the brandy and peppercorn sauce was outstanding. Not only full of flavour but it really brought the flavour of the steak to life in a way I never expected. Inspired!! (So many I taste, have a taste - i.e. you know your poured it on but it’s still pretty insipid)

We finished with the hot chocolate fondant and a chocolate tort for dessert which, if you’re a Choccy lover will hit all the right spots.

The waitress was attentive without being intrusive, engaging when invited and very very charming.

Definitely one to return to again without doubt and one we’ll take friends too.

If you haven’t been, you need to give it a go after checking out their menu online. Seriously.

Caters for Gluten Intolerant people too.

2  Thank Glen_Castelino

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing food had the chilli chicken and chorizo pasta, amazing. All the food was cooked and presented well. Felt that the decor could be updated a little to match the food. This bistro is number 1 and well deserved for the food, good choices on the menu and good prices. Staff helpful friendly. Recommended for the food and you will need to book well in advance.

1  Thank Alan k
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Good service
Excellent desert
BAAAAAAADDD STEAK!!

I shouldn’t pay 20 something £ for an old piece of meat, and they call it they’re specialty steak (Venison)

1  Thank EASMT
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Enjoyed a birthday lunch with friends here in March and cannot fault it; good choice of delicious freshly cooked food, really tasty and not over priced, very friendly and attentive waitresses. With it being a special occasion, I was very kindly offered a drink on the house, which was very much appreciated, thank you! :). All in all a wonderful experience and I will most certainly be returning and recommending to others. Thank you

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Always popular & well worth making a reservation, Manbo’s should always be considered for a good quality meal in Weymouth.
The menu may not be the most extensive but all the items on it are of very good quality. Both seafood and meat options seem equally popular & my Seabass was a especially tasty.

1  Thank Robert W