“Charming secluded cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Built in the early Victorian age where the Groom and horse lived
Built in the early victorian age, a warm and cosy cottage Grooms Cottage in courtyard set in 8 acres of peace & tranquility
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Built in the early Victorian age where the Groom and horse lived
Built in the early victorian age, a warm and cosy cottage
Grooms Cottage in courtyard set in 8 acres of peace & tranquility
well equipted kitchen, home from home
open log fires in winter
Looking down from the sheeps field
own private drive
view from the courtyard
drive into Grooms Cottage
bluebell copse
peace and quiet
stunning sunsets
followed by clear skies full of stars
The famous fleet lagoon, a short walk from the cottage
Romantic bedroom at the Grooms Cottage - looking out on the stars
My name is Rosemary
Stunning evening clouds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RuthAnn8
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Charming secluded cottage”
Reviewed 23 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Grooms cottage is delightful and the owner Hilary so helpful, she saved our cauliflower cheese with some emergency flour! Despite the cottage being quite secluded there is a lovely village pub in easy walking distance The Ivy Tree just across the road in the village.
It's so convenient for chesil beach and Portland Bill. The Fleet is an easy walk away then you can set off along the coastal walk to abbotsbury and the beautiful sub tropical gardens. We had a lovely relaxing stay thanks Hilary

27 Jan 2018
Hi Ruth,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I wish I could have made the weather nicer for you to enjoy everything that this wonderful coastline has to offer, but it seems it just does not want to stop raining.
Glad I was able to help save the cauliflower cheese. I always like to make my guests feel as if they are at a home from home relaxed break.
Anything I can do to help a stay more memorable and enjoyable I will try and help. Hope to see you again. regards Hilary
Margaret...
“A wonderful retreat”
Reviewed 26 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The cottage is tucked away in a dip in the fields an yet at the same only a few minutes walk to a delightful village and pub. The cottage provided my husband and myself with a much needed peaceful, rest in really cosy surroundings. Sheep are looked after by Hilary and they made the holiday, waking up to their sounds and sitting looking at them during the day.
Hilary was a lovely, interesting person and nothing was too much trouble for her.
Thank you Hilary.

5 Nov 2017
Thank you both for such a wonderful review. I like to think that my guests have a home from home feeling with the cottage., and although close at hand I do not wish to intrude in their privacy.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the peace and quiet that Grooms Cottage offer (despite the sheep requesting their breakfast)
I hope you will come back again soon. Kind regards Hilary
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

77Tessa
Old Windsor
“It is a gem of a cottage”
Reviewed 12 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Lovely,clean,surprisingly roomy cottage,tucked away down a tree lined drive.It has everything you would want and extras too.How often do you brush your teeth and watch a baby fallow deer in the top field or a young fox pouncing for rabbits.Blissfully quiet well connected for Abbotsbury,Lulworth,West Bay and Weymouth.In the village is a very friendly blacksmith with a range of ironwork items for sale.Hilary is superb at making you truly welcome.I will miss my evening chats with your sheep.The headroom wasn't a problem,even though I'm six foot.A bit of judicious ducking was all that was required. Stay and come home knowing you've been somewhere very special.

14 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. It was a pleasure having such a nice couple. I am so pleased you enjoyed my little haven.
I do hope you will decide to come back in future years. Kind regards Hilary
Susan R
“Peaceful hideaway”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful place. Full of charm ! Hilary was so warm and welcoming. Fantastic location for exploring the area. We were introduced to the sheep.. exciting to see deer and birds of prey! Always something to watch in the open land and in the courtyard. The accommodation is cosy and comfortable, well equipped. Quiet and peaceful. We recommend Grooms cottage can't wait to revisit!!

29 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you got to see all the wildlife!! I am looking at a deer on my lawn at the moment. Thank goodness the weather was so good last week. The sheep have not left the warm stable yet - happy and content.
Looking forward to seeing you again anytime. Kind regards Hilary
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$177
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing