Florian Guest House
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmini fridgewithin easy walking distanceweymouth townonly stayed one nightbreakfast was excellenttop floorbus serviceshort walkdvd playerthoroughly enjoyed our staylittle touchesjurassic coastgood nights sleepthree nightssea frontgood sizefamily room
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Abbotsbury Road is in a fairly quiet district of Weymouth. Parking for 4 cars in the front of the house off the main road. It's only a 10 - 15 minute walk to the town centre.
As we booked fairly late we got the room at the top on the second floor at the back which was fine by me but anyone with a physical disability may struggle up the narrow stairs. At the time we were there, the seagulls were very noisy but I reckon that out of the breeding season it would be very quiet.
The choice at breakfast was very comprehensive and the welcome was very friendly.
Booking via the hotel's own website is cheaper than using a booking company.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be very good but a room on the first floor at the rear would be best. (Out of breeding season)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sue P, Owner at Florian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your review.
I do agree the seagulls are a noisy bunch but what can I do?? All room descriptions give which floor the room is on and a quick phone call if not sure, before booking and I can check the availability. Please you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were given a very warm welcome by Sue the owner. Everywhere was clean and decorated nicely and rooms were well appointed with everything we needed.
The breakfast was beautifully cooked and delicious and served by an extremely nice waitress. You pay for it as an extra but the price is still good.
There is a bus stop right outside,which was very convenient, that can take you all along the Jurassic coast and Sue provided us with a timetable.
There is room for 4 cars to park and we were able to leave the car when we arrived early to go into the town and then to check in when we returned.
We only stayed two nights but would thoroughly recommend it as it was excellent value for money

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Sue P, Owner at Florian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased your enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The location of this B&B is not great, and if arriving by public transport, make sure to ask for directions. Breakfast is between 8:30 and 9:15, but one can ask for an earlier one. Also leaving luggage is not that easy, although it was possible. So it seemed that a lot of things I take for granted were favours.
The room was nice, and the breakfast was excellent. There is parking space, so this is a place really for people driving up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
There is a map and directions on my website and I'm always happy to send directions if asked.
I do store luggage for guests but as the only space I have is the dining room and this where I check in guests it can be difficult if I'm still storing the previous guests luggage. Most just want to leave it for a couple of hours which is not a problem.
I'm please that otherwise you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Rooms were comfortable with a mini fridge. The host was very friendly and there is room for parking for 4 cars on the drive way. The only downside was that breakfast was not included in the price since rooms were priced at £65/night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.
All rooms are booked as Room Only giving the guest the choice to have breakfast or a lie in. Sue

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed in the Florian guest house for a night before venturing around the area. The Florian was a perfect fit for us, plenty of room in the family room, very convenient for shops and to head to the sea front as well as a lovely and accommodating hostess. Whilst we only stayed one night we could have quite happily stayed longer. The breakfast in the morning was well prepared and tasty! If you are in Weymouth it's certainly worth keeping this BnB in mind!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.