Florian Guest House
Travelocity
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmini fridgewithin easy walking distanceweymouth townonly stayed one nightbreakfast was excellenttop floorbus serviceshort walkdvd playerthoroughly enjoyed our staylittle touchesjurassic coastgood nights sleepthree nightssea frontgood sizefamily room
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We found the guest house easily and the on site parking was very useful.

On arrival the owner made an odd comment about watching us arrive on the cameras, yet waited for me to ring the bell on the door.

We were instructed where to put our 'breakfast card', when we enquired what this was she huffed and told us it was in our rooms, my mum picked up the card that was in the holder to find out what it was and it was snatched from her by the owner stating that is someone else's (not sure it classes as confidential information!)

Our very small double room (only just enough space to get around the bed) was up on the top floor (2 steep flights of stairs) with no lift so make sure to ask if any mobility/age issues. Our bathroom was down half the flight of stairs, through the door and then down another half flight of stairs! I am only 5'2 and of average build but struggled to wash in the shower without bashing my elbows on the walls.

We were then presented with a very long list of rules, most of which are common sense and found this quite unwelcoming.

We walked into the town and were able to explore the beach front and the harbour within easy walking distance from the Guest House.

The bed was quite soft and neither of us got a very good nights sleep as the room was also quite warm despite having the window wide open. The cooked breakfast was average, but the owner is very allergen aware so gluten free toast was not a problem.

It is NOT clear when booking through booking.com that the first nights charge is removed from the card used for booking, We were going to pay by cash but the owner seemed smug that she had already taken our money.

Overall, ok for a one night stopover but we were uncomfortable with the odd manner of the owner.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Sue P, Owner at Florian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your review. Although I see cars arrive on the cameras I don't 'rush' to the door. Some guests will want to stretch their legs or even go to the smoking shelter first. It's polite to wait until the guests are ready.
The description of the room does say it is a small room with one side of the bed close to the wall and that it is on the top floor with the separate but private shower room. This is an old house and there are limits to where an en-suite can be fitted. That room and shower room will disappear in the next refurbishment.
If you have mobility problems it would be sensible to phone or check before booking if a lift was available. Again it is on booking.com information page for you to read.
I have a page in the information folder of 'requests' which are just common sense but you would be surprised at the number of people who don't have any.
It is clearly stated on booking.com that first night will be taken after booking. The deposit and balance are shown on the confirmation statement I send.
I'm sorry you thought I was a bit odd, but then I find some guests are very odd indeed. Would be boring if we were all the same.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Abbotsbury Road is in a fairly quiet district of Weymouth. Parking for 4 cars in the front of the house off the main road. It's only a 10 - 15 minute walk to the town centre.
As we booked fairly late we got the room at the top on the second floor at the back which was fine by me but anyone with a physical disability may struggle up the narrow stairs. At the time we were there, the seagulls were very noisy but I reckon that out of the breeding season it would be very quiet.
The choice at breakfast was very comprehensive and the welcome was very friendly.
Booking via the hotel's own website is cheaper than using a booking company.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be very good but a room on the first floor at the rear would be best. (Out of breeding season)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sue P, Owner at Florian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you for your review.
I do agree the seagulls are a noisy bunch but what can I do?? All room descriptions give which floor the room is on and a quick phone call if not sure, before booking and I can check the availability. Please you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were given a very warm welcome by Sue the owner. Everywhere was clean and decorated nicely and rooms were well appointed with everything we needed.
The breakfast was beautifully cooked and delicious and served by an extremely nice waitress. You pay for it as an extra but the price is still good.
There is a bus stop right outside,which was very convenient, that can take you all along the Jurassic coast and Sue provided us with a timetable.
There is room for 4 cars to park and we were able to leave the car when we arrived early to go into the town and then to check in when we returned.
We only stayed two nights but would thoroughly recommend it as it was excellent value for money

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Sue P, Owner at Florian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased your enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The location of this B&B is not great, and if arriving by public transport, make sure to ask for directions. Breakfast is between 8:30 and 9:15, but one can ask for an earlier one. Also leaving luggage is not that easy, although it was possible. So it seemed that a lot of things I take for granted were favours.
The room was nice, and the breakfast was excellent. There is parking space, so this is a place really for people driving up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
There is a map and directions on my website and I'm always happy to send directions if asked.
I do store luggage for guests but as the only space I have is the dining room and this where I check in guests it can be difficult if I'm still storing the previous guests luggage. Most just want to leave it for a couple of hours which is not a problem.
I'm please that otherwise you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Rooms were comfortable with a mini fridge. The host was very friendly and there is room for parking for 4 cars on the drive way. The only downside was that breakfast was not included in the price since rooms were priced at £65/night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay.
All rooms are booked as Room Only giving the guest the choice to have breakfast or a lie in. Sue