“Great pub food”

The Fox and Hounds
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Wetherby
Price range: US$14 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We met our daughter and son in law here on Saturday and weren't disappointed. The pub was old fashioned, the service and food excellent. Two of us had "whale" and chips, fabulous batter. My husband had the delicious suet steak pie and my daughter had the fish pie.
We opted out of dessert for a while and say and chatted. There was no hurry for us to leave. We ordered sticky toffee pudding served on loads of toffee sauce. My husband asked for apple and blackberry pie but He thought it was rhubarb and apple. Still, it was devoured.
We'll be back again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food from start to finish; bread, starters, mains, deserts, wine.
If there was 6 star option, I’d select that!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had not been here before but I think that I will return. Booked this place after reading a few reviews and had a lovely Sunday Lunch. There is a decent range of food on offer and though we waited a little for a few items we were in no hurry, so a relaxed and tasty time was had by the four of us. The setting is an old, traditional, country pub and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Car parking is right outside.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Eaten here a few times. We like it. Latest trip at an extremely busy time. Food not quite as good. Lamb dinner quite chewy & clear that some of starters at least were not homemade to order. However food on whole is nice, place has a great cosy pub atmosphere and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We booked in for Mothers Day and was not disappointed, staff are friendly, food was delicious and good portions sizes. Great value for money too. It was very hot however and the tables are a little too close together.