“Excellent meal”

Rare Lounge Bar & Steakhouse Newcastle
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our speciality is thick, juicy, succulent, and tasty steaks, which our Chefs will char grill to your preference. We use only 28 day matured, locally sourced and Best of British Blackgate beef that we believe is the best in the area. For non steak lovers and non meat eaters our Head Chef has created an exciting array of dishes to tantalise your taste buds including delicious salads, chicken, fish, home made burgers and fajita dishes, as well as a good range of Starters, and delicious Desserts to finish you meal. Open all day from 9:30am Monday -Saturday until Midnight and from 12pm until 11pm on a Sunday, serving the only unlimited breakfast in Newcastle for just £7.95, and Lunch for under a fiver. We have full disabled access and children are welcome, and catered for with their own menu.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I visited a few weeks ago and had a fabulous meal. Staff were great and could not do enough to assist. Helpful, smiling and extremely good service. We will revisit soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good Food - reasonable price and good service. Got busy Later on but did not effect quality of service.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Service was good food ok had potato skins not much taste supposed to have been bacon and cheese both were minimal then had steak fajitas they were ok tomato salsa was not chunky and all dips served on one plate friends had burgers they were ok would not rush back

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

First visit to a place which I had high hopes for. To start with when we ordered we were not asked how we would like our steaks cooked & the waitress was unsure as to whether we could swap our new potatoes & fries to sweet potato fries. When eating the steaks (or rather trying to) we both noticed too much sinew, despite it being mentioned on numerous occassions that you locally source your quality meats. Therefore if this is why you charge the prices you do for the kind of quality we experienced, we shall choose never to return & never to recommend to anyone!

1  Thank amandasX3203HO
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Had high hopes for this venue, but most disappointed. It gets icy cold when people go for a cigarette, as the door to the beer garden gets left open - not very welcoming for the majority that don’t smoke. Ordered burgers, presented burnt on the outside and slightly underdone in the middle. One came with bacon so over cooked, I’m certain I’d have needed a filling if I’d tried to eat it. The chips were poor, yes they were hand cut, but so undercooked they were just floppy and greasy. If I hadn’t have been so hungry, I’d have got up and walked out, but ate what I could. The server eventually asked how things were. Granted, she offered to have the meal re-cooked, but who’d have a meal after complaining? If you can’t get it right first time round, why should you have a second chance?! Server pulled her face when it came to pay and reluctantly gave a discount- however, I’d not eaten most of the meal, so why should I pay for it? If I’d only presented part payment for a fully consumed meal, I’m certain they’d want the difference making up! I’d be happy for the manager to speak to me, as my many reviews are fair and open of other venues I’ve visited. Shall I visit again? No.

1  Thank Al B