“A little home from home. ”
Review of White Lodge Hotel

White Lodge Hotel
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely guesthouse with an old fashioned warm welcome with some lovely contemporary flourishes. The rooms are comfortable and bright and all amenities spot on. A nice touch is breakfast comes in a hamper to your room. I'd stay here again, we were so well looked after by the lovely Kaye.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

anz s silly review,clearly she's messed that booking up herself.
we had an amazing stay. lovely welcome,perfect decoration room,yummy breakfast .perfect location with parking.
would recommend to everyone :-)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

DO NOT BOOK HERE! Absolutely the worst experience of my life! Tracey has absolutely no people skills or the ability to give good customer service. I booked this hotel for my wedding anniversary and within an hour of booking rang to ask if I could cancel and if the cancellation charge could be waived as I was giving 7-8 weeks notice, booking.com also kindly advised they would waive commission. Tracey then lied and said booking.com enforced the cancellation charges and would not waive the fee but would move dates. To not lose out on my money me and my husband decided to go on the booked dates and luckily rang before our departure to confirm some details where we then find out there is no room for us as the room had been double booked. Our weekend was ruined as we had cancelled other plans to continue with this booking we at the first instance weren't able to cancel. Tracey then said she would refund my money and send me proof of refund the same day I had to call nearly every day following this for 4 days, my calls were then avoided and nothing was sent to me advising on my refund. I had to get my bank and booking.com involved before I got my refund! Worst experience ever! Apologies for the essay but I hope I can stop someone else from going through what I did ! AGAIN DO NOT BOOK HERE!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sanz S
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We booked for one night and was pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely room on the top floor with a view of the lake. The room was beautifully decorated and smelt lovely. There was Kendal mint cake as a present on the bed! It was lovely and quiet and had everything you needed including a little sweetie jar! The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was really soft and very good quality. We had a great nights sleep. The picnic breakfast was great! We loved it! It was a super touch with the Buck's Fizz.
The owner Tracey was very welcoming and we couldn't fault our stay! The car park was big enough and the location was great too. X

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I was upgraded from a single room to a double room on arrival. My upgraded room was nice but I do class this size room as a standard single size room from past experiences when staying in B&Bs rated 4 star I did notice no flannel provided, or slip proof bath mats, dressing gowns or slippers.

One thing to note to reader is you pay as you arrive, not at the end of your holiday.

Didn't see that much of Tracey the owner, due to her taking a break away herself and cover was in place.

Breakfast was ok for a light eater, and this was eaten in your room via picnic basket with added bottle of bucks frizz each morning. (You order each breakfast the day before). Some people may prefer the breakfast in the breakfast room with the chance to have what they fancy that particular morning. No breakfast with BB.

Location of White Lodge to Bowness Pier was ideal - down the hill from White Lodge, but be careful crossing roads as these get extremely busy.

Plenty of restaurants, hotels offering cooked meals within easy reach. Also Tesco and Co-Op within easy reach if you need to buy any supplies.

Buses handy to various places and excellent views when you take cruise along the lake. Prices vary depending on where you travel to.

Do you research before coming to make the most of your stay.

Room Tip: Basement location Room (12) is near carpark so you may hear more outside passing noise.