“Great lunch - lovely food and fab service ”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: British, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Village Inn is one of Bowness-on-Windermere's most popular bars, situated just seconds from the shores of Lake Windermere and is open daily from 10am until late, serving fresh, locally sourced produce, with homemade pasta dishes and creations from the grill, a speciality. The bar offers a wide range of real ales and an excellent selection of vodkas, beers, brandies, and an extensive wine list with 50 wines from around the globe. In the summer, the Village Inn also launched a new range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, which have proved especially popular, in addition to new outside furniture and heaters. The Village Inn Bar and Grill is in the heart of Bowness-on-Windermere, its busy restaurant and bar make it a great place for locals and tourists a like. Come and see for yourself!
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped off for a Saturday lunch - seated inside quickly and waiting staff attended promptly.
The Mr ordered the burger, which he loved and was very filling.
I had the battered fish and mushy peas (without chips as had seen how MASSIVE the portions were that were being brought out & would have been a bit much for me for lunch!)
The fish came in gluten free batter as standard - and tasted incredible, so pleased as someone with an intolerance to have great food made without gluten.

Only thing that seemed a bit odd was the expense of soft drinks. £4.40 for an OJ and lemonade, £3.50 for large coke.
Compared with the hearty portions of food at very reasonable prices, the soft drinks ended up being 1/3 of the price of whole meal.
Overall very good experience though and would definitely go back!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Great place to eat! We celebrated our wedding anniversary here! Very accommodating polite staff, lovely decor! Fast service & excellent food cooked to perfection! Could not fault a thing! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Very kindly squeezed us in at short notice on a busy bank holiday They appeared short staffed for the busiest day of the year but coped fairly well The Good was served in good time My medium steak was more on the medium to well but tasted good The pepper sauce was a bit vinegary but edible For desert My cheese cake was huge Biscuit base was yummy Cheese cake topping was so so but too sweet as it had white chocolate buttons Lemon cheese cake topping would of been better Sweet base tort topping It was ok but wouldn't rush back

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We called to book a table but were told there was no need. Arrived 10 mins later and were seated promptly at a lovely table. We ordered a chicken and a beef hanging kebab as advised by our waiter and also a kids fish and chips and meatballs and pasta. Then for the drinks, this bar has a wonderful and extensive gin and vodka selection and as I chose my gin I was advised on the tonic and garnish(As a gin lover this was a great touch for me). The drinks were lovely and not at all expensive. Then the food came, wow I thought my daughter's fish and chips was an adult portion !! Altogether fantastic food great service and as it was the first night of our 3 night stay we will definitely be back. Thank you

DCheadoffice, Owner at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed the food and were well looked after by our staff. We try to offer a good selection of drinks and are glad you liked the gin. We look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Went here for breakfast as the only place open at 8.30am on a Sunday and it was lovely. One of the best fry-ups I've had in a long time. Went back for dinner and food was again really good.

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed the food at the Village enough to come back for a second visit. I hope you will call in again when you are next in the area.