Windermere Hydro Hotel
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Craig Manor Hotel(Windermere)
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Restaurant
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
View Hotel
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
View Hotel
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Hillthwaite(Windermere)
1,258 results
All reviewsjacuzzi and saunabit datedlake viewbreakfast was buffet stylelick of paintnew ownersweekend breakcourse mealleisure facilitiestea and coffeecouldn't do enoughtown centrefull englishlakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a little sceptical prior to my visit having been given a wowcher deal as a Christmas present. I had read reviews on here and have to say was a bit apprehensive about my forthcoming visits. I called the hotel directly to make my booking. Although there was very limited availability I was advised immediately that my voucher was for one of the hotels un-refurbished rooms and that I could pay a supplement to upgrade. This I did as I was also taking my two children and the voucher was only for a couple. We were greeted upon arrival by two very friendly male staff who showed my children to the room while the other offered to park my car for me as there was limited space in the car park. The room was absolutely amazing with some very special little touches. We enjoyed the stay so much we stayed in an extra night. The staff in the hotel treated us like part of the family and were great with the children. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Croftyka
Jodi H, Managing Director at Windermere Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Croftyka

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Hydro and for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that your stay was so enjoyable and thank you for mentioning our friendly staff. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are using a voucher you tend to get a room that does not show the hotel full potential if u can pay extra for a larger room I would recommend. The staff we encountered were amazing. Shall the pool is outside and not linked to the hotel. Food was amazing. Great location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tanyaclarkson1

Dear tanyaclarkson 1

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning the quality of the food served in the restaurant and our amazing staff. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here using the Groupon deal with high hopes after looking at the refurbishment on the website. We were very disappointed with the room, it was so outdated, the bathroom was tiny, the double bed was 2 singles pushed together (ordinarily I wouldn’t mind but they were different heights) and we were frequently awoken during the night from neighbours footsteps and creaky floorboards. The breakfast was very average with poor coffee and leftover food on the floor from the evening before. We weren’t greeted by any of the staff when walking around the communal areas and the waitress at breakfast wasn’t helpful, making us feel like an inconvenience. Check out took longer than necessary as they needed a printed copy of the Groupon voucher even though they printed one off when we checked in but the receptionist couldn’t find it and made out like it was my fault. Surprisingly she did ask how our stay was. Usually I am not one to complain at all, however I thought it would be helpful to voice our disappointment in the room compared to the pictures online. Again she made me feel guilty for asking and explained it would have stated in our booking the type of room (I did check our booking which said ‘standard’ double - I didn’t realise standard meant different to the rest of the hotel). I understand with the deal we may have been paying less than other guests however we were still paying guests and surely they would want us to have a great experience so we would want to return and recommend to friends, neither of which we will be doing.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank clare_verwoerd

Dear clare_verwoerd

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, this is really disappointing to hear. Please send me an email with your contact details to Jodi@squirehotels.co.uk and I will contact you so that I can discuss your experience with you in detail

Jodi.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for one night, hotel nice, room big, bathroom a little cramped. Could have done with a mirror in the room not just bathroom. Cannot comment on food as did not eat in hotel. Did not use the pool so cannot comment. Location great. Staff friendly, only spoke to reception. Would stay again. Have already booked again on a deal this time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen G

Dear Karen G

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I was delighted to read that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Long and the short of it don’t go until the rooms have been renovated. The room we had was dingy, damp, ill equipped the staff in the main were surly at best bordering on down right rude.

The positives are: •the communal areas are beautifully renovated and decorated.
•The breakfast was really good. Encountered an actual friendly member of staff too!
•We ordered from the lounge menu but sat in the restaurant. The food was good service not so good.

Negative
The checking in staff were jaded by the complaints it seems, at check in the girl was pretty unfriendly and check out she didn’t ask how the stay was, obviously not wanting the answer.
The main evening waiter Alfonso? Was just so rude.
The room was probably the worst we’ve stayed in, damp, dark just unwelcoming.

I’ve given 2/5 on the strength of the food and the communal areas decor, but the rooms and customer service leave a lot to be desired.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family