So disappointed by this B & B. Owner didn't even welcome us. Me and my friend went to stay for one night in bowness.. girlie time!! The owners were so rude and very unfriendly. Such a shame as the rooms were ok apart from lack of plug sockets and lights going out!! The dining room was so small we were sat with people we didn't know!! very embarassing. There was absolute silence as people ate ... so depressing. The place needs updating and the owners need to smile (if that is possible) Felt very unwelcome and so convinced they wanted us to leave. Not forgetting the shower --- scaled my head!! keep going hot and then cold. Do not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm, friendly & peaceful non-smoking home from home with award winning garden, set in the heart of the English Lake district. Judith & her team offer a warm welcome to all especially couples, walkers, vegetarians, bikers and we are gay friendly. Minimum 2 nights weekends, 3 nights Bank Holidays. No single sex parties. All rooms are en-suite and some have four poster beds. Strictly NO CHILDREN, adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Elim House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elim House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Elim House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District