Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$340
  • Breakfast included
US$341
  • Pool
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$324
US$213
  • Restaurant
Dome House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$266
Lindeth Fell Country House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$234
The Hydro Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$279
US$164
  • Pool
Fairfield Garden Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsperfect hostssitting arearecommend this b b to anyonecar parkbiscuitsrooms are cleanbed and breakfasttop floortea and coffeecooked to perfectionwarm welcomeperfect locationcooked breakfastlaketvguesthousehairdryer
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I booked a family room at Lake view via booking.com - facilities listed numerous things that were not in our room. The decor is very tired and dated, I assume the photos are quite old. The 2 single beds in this room were worn out, uncomfortable and noisy! Even the bedding crinkled it was that nasty! The curtains weren't big enough for the window - street lights flooding through either side and down the middle! The wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom, horrendous shower and massive cobwebs on the ceiling!
The cafe / coffee shop was never open. We said we'd have breakfast, which was supposed to be cooked or continental but there was no choice - a full breakfast was eventually just put in front of us after we waited quite some time at an un-set table. The owner was unavailable to see me to discuss this and has ignored my emails! Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank justamyd
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I was hesitant about this place based on last few reviews but had no choice so took the risk. While Theresa and Colette were really sweet and friendly , let us checkin early and booked us a cab to station .. The room itself was very dated and non functional ..There were no extra towels for the kids , mattress on beds and sofa bed gave us a back ache , leaky bath and wash basin and no bath mat to wipe the wet slippery floor .. Would return to say hi to owners but not to stay !

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at the lake view guest house last week-end ( 7th -9th October) and found it to be very comfortable. It was room only, but it had a fridge and tea and coffee making kit and was well appointed for shops, restaurants and bars. It was very clean although a bit basic. When we arrived we were a bit disappointed as there was nowhere to park the car near the guest house and I had to drive around a while before I could find a place to stop nearby. I dropped my wife off and told her to book us in until I found a place to park. We had to go 4 doors up to the field house to book in as the door to the lake view was closed. We were given our key for the front door and our room which was on the first floor. I asked where I could park nearby and the landlady said there was a car park about 2or 3 minutes walk away around past the Tesco which she gave me a pass for so I wouldn't have to pay which was good. We were a few minutes walk away from lake Windermere and we went on the boat trip around the lake which was enjoyable. The local bars were a bit pricey but only what you expect in a tourist area. We had a lovely week-end and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

we found out the previous owners don't have this place anymore due to some pretty sad circumstances hence the reviews taking a turn for the worst ! When we arrived we waited over an hour to get access and wouldnt have got in at all if we wouldn't have followed someone in who was staying there so we managed to knock on the owners front door so we didn't get in to our room till gone 10pm and missed meal we had booked for our 10th anniversary not a great start to the weekend. When I asked about breakfast the owner didn't seem to know much and his wife wasn't there to tell me there wasn't any breakfast included at this b&b but after reading a review I thought this would be the case! saying that the room was great and location was great so value for money was quite good really but just be aware if you go u might not get in and you def won't be getting breakfast although there is a toaster and a microwave downstairs if u fancy porridge on toast ;)

I don't want to be to harsh due to the set of circumstances I believe the new owners took this place on for and if there wasn't access issues and people were aware of the breakfast issue which I personally wasn't that bothered about it would still get good reviews on value for money

Ps there's no coffee shop downstairs anymore either

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Before you book this place - please note that it is NOT in any way shape or form, a Bed & Breakfast establishment. Despite the sign outside stating Bed & Breakfast & despite the photographs of breakfast everywhere - it does not offer any sort of food.
Nor, despite the name, does it have views of Lake Windermere - unless you are in a toilet.
My husband & I stayed there last week for two nights. When we arrived - there was a note stuck to the door advising to go up the street to Field House. I did this & stood outside after ringing the bell, knocking the door & finally phoning them with no joy for about 15 minutes. Eventually a man arrived & explained that there were people in Lake view, I just had to knock - His manner was particularly patronising.
Anyway, we finally got to our room which was fine - a little settee, double bed, small flat screen TV, own bathroom & what was described to us as a kitchen...All it had in it was a fridge & a sink. There were some teabags & coffee sachets plus little pouches of milk & sugar courtesy of McDonalds!
The reception area downstairs (I use the term very loosely), had 4 small 2 seater tables with table cloths, but other than that was bare. With this in mind I asked the lady what time breakfast was - She said..."Oh - you don't get breakfast here - this is room only - it does say" - I asked her where it said this but she couldn't show me because the free wifi also stated in the adverts - was unavailable - I managed to show her the description and read out - ..."home cooked breakfasts using only the best local ingredients..." in 3 places in the description plus photographs of the same. - She simply said that the girl they had helping out was pregnant & had to leave & the three of them couldn't manage breakfasts in both B&Bs. I said that it didn't change the fact that it was sold as a B&B - and we had paid for breakfast. She said there was a microwave & toaster in reception that we were free to use, and if we went to Tesco up the road - we could get bread for toast & take it home what we didn't use... She went on to say that she had knocked us £10 off - £5 each - and added that we could get breakfast for £5... We checked at the pub over the road = £18 for 2 full English - which is how breakfast was advertised at Lake view - £21 at the bar/grill along the road £20 at Stags Head - you get the picture...It wasn't until we were on our way home & almost out of town that we saw one for £5 - 1 egg, 1 sausage, 1 bacon & 1 toast - £5 - and it was about three quarters of a mile away. And most places didn't open to the public until 11am after seeing to the residents.
Don't get me wrong - the room was spotless, the location excellent - we have no issue with that. It's the simple fact that we were mis-sold this accommodations facilities, and the very 'con-man' type attitude of the staff & did not get what we paid for - It would have been no problem at all if we had known & if it were cheaper. They wanted us to feel sorry for them at the thought of having to make 30 breakfasts in the mornings...Is that not part and parcel of owning a B&B?? - Yes we could have stayed elsewhere, but it was the hassle of looking again - as this was one of the few places in the area with vacancies per online. So bear this in mind - this is NOT a B&B - it's room only.

Room Tip: They were all the same - noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple