“PERFECT”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

katherine...
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“PERFECT”
Reviewed 18 October 2019 for a stay in September 2019

this the perfect location for a great week away , all amenities on your doorstep and an amazing view from the lounge .

definitely will be back

Date of stay: September 2019
25 Oct 2019
Thanks Katherine for taking the time to do a review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
FredCork
Ireland
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 1 October 2019 for a stay in August 2019
person found this review helpful

We stayed 7 days, arrived at 4pm and cleaner was just finishing up. It’s a great location right next to town centre and all amenities. Great views from the house and it’s spacious and very nice. It was very clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable and house was spotless. Telly was great and it has Netflix. WIFI was adequate for our needs. Wish the cereal bowls were bigger but it was only a small thing. When we arrived there was a problem with the en-suite toilet but this was fixed. There’s a lovely private patio at the back and a little terrace at the front. There are steps to enter as is the case in this part of the world so buggies and wheel chairs are difficult. The host left us a welcome bottle of wine which was a nice touch. We all loved it. Great location and very quiet despite been close to everything. Would definitely book it again.

Date of stay: August 2019
15 Oct 2019
Thank you very much for your feedback I am pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your break at Ellen Brow. I will pass on your comments about the cereal bowls to the owner and consider replacing them.
I hope you will return soon.
Kind regards Alice
gwbeadles
“Summer holidays ”
Reviewed 24 August 2019 for a stay in August 2019
person found this review helpful

The Cottage location, size & decent main shower cannot be denied, however, you wouldn't notice at a glance, but, it's not the cleanest! The beds are very uncomfortable, the mould in the bathrooms aren't great & the fusty smell in both double bedrooms & small bathroom is infact awful. It made me feel like the bedding needed a super hot wash. We noticed a bag of laundry in the garage as we left this morning, not sure how long it's been there, outside, in the damp, quite bad really, particularly for any asthmatic guests. It looked like the new that was going on, as dirty bag had gone earlier in the week! The cutlery drawer needs a good clean out. The dvd player doesn't work, check in says 3.00pm but then we were told 4.00pm which is rather late! First day has gone!! Quite deflating really - not cheap considering!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
9 Sep 2019
I am sorry that you were not happy with Ellen Brow, I only wish that you had contacted me on arrival and some of the issues that concerned you could have been resolved We were not aware that the DVD did not work until the previous guest informed us after your arrival but I can assure you that it has now been replaced. As far as I am aware the clean bedding had only been put in the garage on the Saturday morning in preparation for the changeover but I will speak to the cleaner to ensure that it is not left there again. I will amend the Guest Information so check in is 3pm on both the website and instructions, I had overlooked the conflicting time on the Holiday Lettings website.
Kind regards Alice
Maggie B
Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 20 July 2019 for a stay in July 2019

What a wonderful week we have had in Ellen Brow. The house has everything you need and we found it to be very cosy and relaxing. So close to the shops and a wee walk to get the steam boats on Lake Windermere. We had our 2 year old great niece with us so of course the high light of the week was meeting Peter Rabbit, which was a 2 minute walk from the house. Plenty to do and see and lots of good places to eat, ours was the Angel Inn, again a short stroll. We have loved our week so much we have just arrived home and paid the deposit for next year, cannot wait to return. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2019
23 Jul 2019
Thank you so much for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ellen Brow and appreciate you booking again for next year.
Satty Q
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 5 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

I enjoyed my stay thoroughly.
NICE COTTAGE, i had 8 days stay so could totally relax views were awesome, great location,
ALL ACCESSORIES FITTED Nicely, TV & Kitchen nice.
Bathrooms were good size and its a bonus to have to twins bathrooms, overall great cottage but few areas need improvements
few cons were the smell in front bedroom was musty like sweat mixed with musky perfume and it was quite persistent for many days, may be its from beddings that needs to be high heat temperature washed.
The second BEDROOM OVERLOOKING BACK GARDEN, ROOM WAS NICE but bed not comfortable and I could feel the springy movements of the spiral springs at the bed. kindly look into that and i would love to be back again in future, thanks

Date of stay: June 2019
9 Jul 2019
Hi Satty

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you encountered these issues, we have not received any complaints of this nature previously. We can assure that we will look into these and resolve them as soon as possible.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.