“One of the better pubs in the Wetherspoons chain....”

The Furness Railway
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Visited for food today whilst on a visit to Barrow and found this place clear and tidy, with helpful staff and fast service. I think its one of the better pubs in the Weatherspoon's long chain of pubs nationwide.

Keep up the good work.

Robert H, Manager at The Furness Railway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Thomda,

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your visit to us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Barrow.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ordered a large breakfast and smashed avocado bagel with bacon and poached egg. The pub was filthy dirty, with food all over the floor, which was obviously from the night before. The breakfast was cold with the exception of the overdone toast, which had the butter placed on top, so it was completely melted when opened. Eggs were crispy on the bottom and yolks hard. The smashed avocado bagel wasn't great either, the poached egg resembled a golf ball and was probably as hard too, the bacon, egg and bagel were cold. The smashed avocado was a thin layer spread on one bagel. We were not impressed with the food or the cleanliness.

Hello Shell,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to us on this occasion. We hope that your next visit restores your faith in us.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This morning I visited here for my breakfast and everything was lovely apart from a member of staff.. Her name is Emma, the coffee machine wasn't dispensing milk and when I let her and another staff member know she just looked up at me and didn't say anything and when I received my food she brought it to my table with no customer service skills atall no care and attention. I checked my food and one of my pancakes were frozen,when I told Emma.. she took the pancakes back unwillingly I might add, I didn't mind as I come her alot and everything is always perfect and often if anything is out of place or not right the staff cant do enough to help correct the issue. But the young lady in question offered no apology or anything, I have never felt unwanted or out of place as I consider the railway to be a lovely homely place to enjoy any meal any time of day. But on this occasion she made me want to walk out as i don't expect to be treated that way as a regular or a paying customer. I strongly suggest some re-teaining or to work away from customers if she is to continue in the customer services.

2  Thank Vicky B
Robert H, Manager at The Furness Railway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello Vicky,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that on this visit we didn't meet your expectations from us. We will look into the issues that you have raised and rectify as soon as possible. We look forward to your next visit which I hope will restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Having left my last review on here as 5 stars and praising the fact that it had taken them 4 years to get the gammon right
I’ve now given up on it !!! The last time it was so small and mainly fat I just sent it back and asked for a refund which was a shame as my partner then eat her meal whilst I just sat and watched her really do t understand how it can be so up and down

I am now trawling through the menu trying to find something else I like .... last week was the ultimate burger ... not too bad but was too much sauce on it .... gonna try the steak pudding this week .... fingers crossed it won’t be microwaved and rubbery and actually steamed as it’s meant to be

Drinks are still the best priced in the town and love drinking here

Robert H, Manager at The Furness Railway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hello Moni,

Thank you for your review, unfortunately as I am sure that you are aware due to the news coverage, we have been experiencing issues with our meat suppliers which has had an impact on the consistency of some of the meat products. Our purchasing department are working through these issues and we hope to have them resolved asap.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Maybe don't eat here. Food burnt & congealed. Chilli con carne. However, requested a free pud & manager obliged. Won't come here again. Still hungry - not much on the plate & I'm not a big eater. Not enjoyable.

Hello Sezw,

We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We hope that you change your mind on returning and look forward to having the opportunity to restore your faith in us.