“Great tapas ”

Lilicos
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tapas offering in a Lounge Bar enviroment great choice of lunchtime specials,lunch and brunch to cater for everyone. Great choice of Coffee craft beers and cocktails.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We’re on holiday down in Devon & chose Lilicos from trip advisor comments & ratings. We booked for 7pm but were 15 minutes late as my satnav took us elsewhere, no problem though, a warm friendly welcome & a reserved table greeted us. I’d imagine it’s worth booking if you want a table at peak times. The team were very polite and friendly & delivered excellent service, not intrusive just very pleasant and efficient. We ordered bread & olives then four tapas, all really good quality, nice sized portions for two people & reasonably priced. Our bill was £40 including a large wine & a pint, more than good value in my opinion. Whether your a local or just on holiday it’s well worth a visit. Thanks for a lovely meal x

Date of visit: February 2018
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Nick
Thank you for your review it really is much appreciated.Always great to hear that you enjoyed the food and especially the hospitality shown by our staff.I will pass on your kind words to the team.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us and hope you had a great time in North Devon.
Kind Regards Chris and Wanda x

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Came for evening dinner after many recommendations from friends.

We had a couple of drinks in the bar area beforehand and were well tended to by very polite staff. In the local Wetherspoons you can expect to wait 5-10 minutes, but here there were more than enough staff to serve people instantly despite the fact it was busy! My partner sampled 3/4 different cocktails throughout the night and they were all delicious (her words, not mine). The atmosphere in the bar area was great and everyone was enjoying themselves!

We went through to the restaurant area for our dinner and the tapas was some of the best we’ve ever had. We ordered 2 starter dishes and 5 mini plates for our main, shared between the two of us this was more food than we could eat! I would personally recommend the meatballs and the crispy chilli beef dishes.

One of the waitresses misheard me and brought me the incorrect drink, but this was instantly rectified with utter professionalism and my drink was replaced with the correct one without charge. Perfect customer service and handled in an exemplary manner by the excellent staff in lilicos.

We left tonight fat, full and extremely pleased with the experience. Lovely food paired with flawless service leaves me recommending lilicos to all.. you wont be disappointed!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank 95SJH
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Customer
Thank you for your review,it is great to hear that you enjoyed the cocktails,food and atmosphere at Lilicos.Good to hear that the mistake was dealt with correctly and without fuss.
Your feedback means a lot and is greatly appreciated and I will pass your kind words on to our team.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

With my best man having lived in Barnstaple for over a decade, Lilicos is a regular jaunt for us for a few drinks.

Although we've never ordered food there, it's a good venue for drinks. When the weather allows, their terrace is a great location to sit outside, soak up the sun in The Square and watch the world go by.

Recommend and will undoubtedly return on my next visit to Barnstaple!

Date of visit: October 2017
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your review,really much appreciated hope to see you again soon and maybe tempt you with some tapas.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I ate here expecting just a normal tapas restaurant but the selection here is more than just traditional Spanish fayre, think sweet potato fries and stuffed vine leaves. The food was soo good! We basically ordered the entire meat section of the menu and felt a bit guilty when we couldn't finish it. Just all tasted so good, really difficult to single any particular dish out for extra praise. You just need to go here and eat lots and you will know what I mean!

Date of visit: January 2018
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us it means alot.Great news that you enjoyed the selection and varied tapas it is nice to hear.
We Hope to see you in the near furure and thanks again for your custom and review.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

First time dining solo here and already looking forward to returning.

Very polite & welcoming waitress! Had brought along my book to read whilst waiting for dinner to cook. But barely had time to read it as I’d forgotten how quickly the food is served!

So many different dishes to try there’s something for everyone plus a specials menu.

Thank you very much, will return again very soon

Date of visit: January 2018
Chris S, Owner at Lilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Alex
Thank you for taking the time to review us it really is much appreciated.So glad you could come here and relax and great that you enjoyed your meal with us and the range of dishes on offer.Hope to see you again soon,and thanks again.
Kind Regrds Chris and Wanda