All reviews attic room stayed here busy junction basic single room town centre breakfast was excellent defiantly stay here again full english short walk top floor an evening meal each morning friendly hotel road noise booked this hotel the hotel car park three nights
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We got a very warm welcome.We had to drop our stuff off as we had a taxi waiting to go to view a property in Westward Ho & the owner was very helpful with a quick check-in. All in all, we would happily recommend this B&B. After a very sound sleep we had a delicious, well cooked breakfast, served by a happy to do it waitress.
Whilst settling the bill, we both had our feet layed upon by the house Dog. WHAT A DELIGHT, we wanted to take her home.

Room tip: We were in room 7. No problems at all
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I visited with my wife on the 24th Feb and stayed 1 night ! Great location for us given we was doing a mini tour of areas in the South & Barnstable has some good restaurants which are all in walking distance from the hotel. Cannot complain about our stay , was well priced, clean, welcoming, had free parking, good sized rooms & good breakfast.
If I was to offer my view on any improvements it would be only decor of rooms might put off some younger couples , and I am a total coffee snob so add a French press to the breakfasts for that extra touch. Good stay thanks !

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

After a frantic journey from Lundy to Barnstaple to get my wife into Hospital I needed somewhere local to stay. A helpful ambulance driver suggested the Yeo and very pleased he did, the hotel is clean, comfortable and welcoming. I booked in much too late for an evening meal and I am not sure there was any that night. Breakfast was also simplified to bacon butties plus the usual spread one expects, as their chef was away. Absolutely perfect nights stay for me, close to the hospital and Barnstaple restaurants with parking and a comfortable bed. My traumatic journey made so much more manageable, thank you Yeo.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stayed in September as part of a group. 1 family room and 2 doubles.
Hotel contacted us when we booked to check that the attic room would be ok and we didn’t have difficulty with stairs.
However what they failed to say was that the attic room is not a double. It has a double bed but pushed up against the wall. The bathroom is smaller than my cloakroom at home..... and the shower smaller than a phone box. The room was set up for a single .... 1 cup 1towel and we had to ask for addditions.
There is no Evening dining/ no bar/ no lounge area. The 24 hour reception (which is what you need to be classeed as a hotel) is the door bell entry or a phone all to the ‘duty manager’
Breakfast was excellent and plentiful not buffet style but he menu was adaptable.
The staff are friendly.
This is not a cheaper hotel .... I have stayed in cheaper high end branded hotels.

Room tip: Avoid room 8 ..... no en suite..... attic rooms. Very small
Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night after train journey down. It was further to walk from the station than I realised, but is only 10 mins from the main shopping street.
You have to ring to gain entry initially but I was dealt with promptly by Paul who was pleasant and helpful. I was upgraded to a larger room, always a sweetener. This was on the second floor, no lift. There were rooms in the attic above so would be worth checking.
My room was large and bright, smartly decorated. The shower was modern. Plenty of teas etc. Bottled water, take note the expensive Imperial. The WiFi worked.
The bed was very comfortable.
The only problem was the noise from the busy road outside, no double glazing. There are rooms at the back, again worth asking.
Breakfast was ample with plenty of choice. The cooking was fresh.
An excellent economical choice in Barnstaple.
Would use again.