All reviews the pub friendly locals b bs min walk great place to stay excellent value for money landlord beds breakfast ales students university
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Great B&B glad I watched Four in a Bed and found this place. Will be back, may even take the kisses next time!!!

Brekie was great although due to a Late night Takeaway I could eat it all, promise I will next tine!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Needed an overnight in Durham and found this little gem. Warm friendly welcome, pleasant , clean room and an excellent full English breakfast - what more do you need! Situated up in Gilesgate and only a short walk into town and all Durham has to offer. Would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank NeilBLeeds
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 weeks on business and cannot fault this lovely little place in any way. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The wifi and other facilities are excellent and above all the place is very friendly & welcoming by both staff & the locals . The bar downstairs offers a good atmosphere and is run extremely well by the owner Billy .. his team of staff are excellent and also offer very good value for money. I can't say anything negative about the Shoes and can't recommend it enough - excellent!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Daz R
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Very friendly as described before, pictures do not do this place justice atmosphere was warm and inviting. Really good value for money, enjoyed the stay and the full English will definitely stay here again. W:-)

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I stopped off here for 2 nights on my way to Edinburgh - because I'd never been to Durham before. My room was immaculate. The people in charge that week-end were welcoming, friendly and helpful, and the pub customers were cheery and smiling. The pub was very busy; but the rooms are upstairs and at the back, and really quiet. I had no vehicle but it was an easy walk into the city. (At the time I was staying there, evening meals were not being served, but I was directed to another pub about 3 minutes' walk away where I had very reasonably priced, tasty meals. Sorted!) I can't fault The Shoes: it contributed to my good impression of Durham.

Date of stay: February 2017