Lowest prices for your stay
US$124
Hotels.comUS$124
Expedia.comUS$124
FindHotelUS$125
1,929 results
All reviews car park leisure club leisure centre excellent location per night steam room reception staff central location breakfast was excellent town centre lovely room cathedral
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Staff has been very accommodating, giving us information about the area’s sights and refrigerating items that I needed kept cool. When the king sized bed we had requested was not in our original room, without our asking they moved us to a suite with the requested accommodations. It was a beautiful, comfortable room with a view of the Durham Castle.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DurhamMarriottRoyal, Manager at Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We're sorry the room wasn't completely to your satisfaction on arrival and are pleased the team were able to quickly rectify this for you.
We hope you'll visit again soon.
Regards
The Management Team

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable rooms especially the family rooms. Family rooms are incredibly spacious and they come with two TVs. Breakfast is good and the staff are friendly. The pool facilities are excellent, coming with a large pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, etc. However, the hot tub shouldn’t be available for only over 16s. I agree with over 16 for the steam room and all that but the hot tub should be available for people over 10 or even 11.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. I don’t like to leave negative reviews but there’s a few things I think could be improved on.

I stayed in one of the Riverside rooms. The room was very dated and had no aircon. It was so hot I had to leave the window open so then very noisy from the nearby A road. There is no security to this building and the rooms don’t have a lock as you’d expect so didn’t feel the safest.

I left my makeup out of my makeup bag but the cleaner put it all back in, meaning a few things got spilt. Also I left some clothes over the back of a chair to stop them getting creased and they were moved and folded. Despite this the bathroom wasn’t cleaned and no shower gel was provided.

The food I ordered was nice enough. The menu doesn’t say what is vegetarian so I had to guess. The hotel is close to the centre and easy to access. Plenty of parking available (extra charge £7 per night)

When checking out (a day early) my bill doesn’t match my prepayment so I hope I’m getting refunded the extra night, otherwise I won’t be able to claim the expense. Couldn’t give me an invoice from the room service. I wasn’t asked how my stay was.

Sorry wish I could have had something more positive to say!

Trip type: Travelled on business
DurhamMarriottRoyal, Guest Relations Manager at Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hi Jennifer R

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in a forum such as this one and I am so sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the relevant managers to address with their staff, where possible. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologise for the issues you encountered. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Staying three nights and made the mistake of ordering supper on the first night. What a wretched experience.

Mushroom soup tasted of nothing and only when I added pepper was there a hint of flavour, a flavour that suggested pepper but still no mushrooms.

Clementine tart was equally disappointing - pastry, sugar and something vaguely resembling blancmange; clementines seemed sadly absent.

Eating out tonight - anything has to be better.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DurhamMarriottRoyal, Manager at Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County and providing your honest feedback.

We appreciate your comments which have been passed on to our assistant food and beverages service manager and executive head chef to prevent issues like yours highlighted from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback.

Kind regards
The Durham Marriott Management Team.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

A quick one night stay with friends - we were 4 adults in a room which was more like a junior suite. 2 huge TVs one in sitting area and one by beds , full tea and coffee provisions. Room clean, beds big and comfy. Hotel staff very welcoming and amazingly room was ready when we arrived early and we could get straight in, breakfast def worth including, massive selection. Well done Durham !

Trip type: Travelled with friends