“2nd visit at beefeater durham”

Beefeater Broomside Park
Ranked #109 of 354 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Spend time with us for great pub food in a place you'll love. We serve classic dishes with a modern twist - it's the perfect place to get together with familly and friends. The Broomside Park is on the outskirts of the historic city of Durham and boasts a fantasic south-facing beer garden - a real suntrap in the summer months! We are known locally for our great tasting food, which is served up with a smile by our friendly team. Ken, one of our waiters, has worked here for 12 years & is in his 70s - he refuses to retire as he would miss our guests too much! Make sure you stop by, whether you're visiting Durham Cathedral, Hartlepool Marina or the Botanical Gardens!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here today for a quick lunch. This was our second time here since it became a beefeater. The first time we visited it was a little disappointing.

We had a much better experience today. Me and my best friend came for a quick bite to eat and we didn't fancy anything to big so we made our own meal out
Of a couple of starters and sides which was no problem. We ordered a prawn cocktail, a portion of calamari, some fries, sweet Potato fries and a side of coleslaw.

All the food came out quickly and service was much better today.

Then we ordered some hot drinks and these came within a couple of minutes to which was quite impressive.

Staff very pleasant. Today was a Much better experience compared to our first time which left doubt as to if we would return. However after today We will definitely return.

Paul L, General Manager at Beefeater Broomside Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for the review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit.
We all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

First visit to the place
Very good value for money
Waiter Dave showed excellent customer service ....very friendly, attentive and friendly

Paul L, General Manager at Beefeater Broomside Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.I will pass on your comments to Dave and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived on a quiet Sunday lunchtime and stood waiting to be noticed for a good few minutes - with a bored/tired 20month old, this wasn’t much fun.
Once we were seated, our drinks order was taken. We were told that Joshua would get a drink with his kids meal. When the drinks arrived, Joshua’s was missing. We thought this may come with the meal (it never arrived). After taking our food order, we waited a good half an hour for the food to arrive - even though the restaurant was very quiet.
My husband ordered an upgrade to a 8oz sirloin. He wasn’t asked how he wanted the steak cooked. When it arrived, it was minuscule! When one of the 3 waiting staff passed by, I asked if that was the 8oz. He replied, “no, but you could just have that one, and I’ll alter the bill accordingly”. No offer to exchange the steak for what was ordered.
I had the lamb rump, and literally had to cut off the burned meat as it was charred to a crisp on one side - after which, it was delicious. My husband’s meats were all over cooked. And his steak was ridiculously salty and overdone. Considering this chain of restaurants pride themselves in their meat, this visit left a lot to be desired.
Toward the end of our rather poor main course, my husband was offered a refill, which came about 10minutes later. I asked for the dessert menu, which never arrived. We then asked the same waiter about 5-10minutes later for the bill and he was so quick. Absolutely backwards service. You would think they would want us to stay and eat more. Not just give us the bill and rush us out.
Our waiter was not at all up to scratch. The other 2 tables near us both had to ask him for either drinks or food that they had ordered, which never arrived. Much like Joshua’s drink. Good job we had one with us.
Won’t be eating here again, which is a shame, because I’ve heard such good things about Beefeater restaurants elsewhere.

Paul L, General Manager at Beefeater Broomside Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thankyou for your feedback and I am so sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us.
We want all our guests to have a great experience and I am concerned you had so many issues.
If possible I would like to discuss this with you further and you can contact me on 01913706500.
I hope to hear from you soon .

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Surprised on entering car park to realise it had changed name and now a Beefeater restaurant (had been a while since we were last here) - only picked this venue as confident it was table service, which I detest as it may save on staff but rarely, if ever saves on cost and I hate queues! My wife then reminded me it was mothers day - the 2nd surprise was how quiet the car park was and on entering, were advised we visited at the right time, the earlier rush had all gone - great news.

A couple of prawn cocktails to start along with soft drinks - followed by a Sunday dinner for my wife and I decided upon a Sirloin. Service was good with very friendly and attentive staff as was quality of food and the menu selection was excellent- I did think it was a bit pricey but it was Sunday and a wee treat.

Paul L, General Manager at Beefeater Broomside Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thanks for your review and thanks again for trying out our new look Beefeater restaurant.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and if you haven't already you should sign up to our loyalty card which gets you great offers , a free birthday meal on us and you get points on every visit , the more you spend the more points you get .
Thanks for your custom and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Been a few times since change of name,prices have risen since change food and service were good staff were all pleasant and made sure everything was ok.will visit again

Paul L, General Manager at Beefeater Broomside Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thanks for your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit with us .
If you haven't got one already you should really sign up to our loyalty card as you'll get great offers on our menus and also a free birthday meal on us .