“Nice atmosphere, nice cakes”
Review of 9 Altars Cafe

9 Altars Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Durham
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Came here for a drink and something to eat. Couldn't fault the atmosphere, a nice cosy little quaint cafe. The member of staff who was working behind the counter was also very friendly and had a conversation with us before we left which was a nice touch.

The slices of cake are a little on the large side but that can't be a bad thing. The cakes are all homemade and very tasty. Also had a portion of lasagne which I couldn't fault and was homemade.

I'd recommend trying 9 Altars compared to some of the other chain places in Durham. Hidden gem.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely small cafe with delicious food served at very cheap prices. Credit to the owner and the lovely staff keep up the good work this is a gem of a cafe. Please give them a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Brought my mum here for Mothers day and had amazing afternoon tea. We got to pick the flavour of the sandwiches, cake and scones (including cheese and cherry!) which is a lot better than the set options more expensive places do. Excellent customer service, we were served quickly even without a booking and they gave my mum a small bunch of daffodils which I thought was just lovely. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This lovely little cafe is hidden down a side-street, but is definitely worth a visit!! There is a fantastic family feel to the place, with friendly staff and a cosy atmosphere. I regularly bring friends here to catch up and chat about things because it has such an intimate, cosy feel.

The coffee and cakes are fantastic, especially for the price. I feel right at home here, and love coming back again and again!

1  Thank Amelia C
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this morning after a damp riverside walk. My wife & I plus r 2 dogs were made so welcome. Lovely flat white, gorgeous chocolate cake & a sausage for the woofers to share . The owner is so friendly
We will definitely be back before r weeks holiday ends!! ☕☕