US$102
  • Pool
US$77
US$53
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Wigan (M6, J25) Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Another lovely venue for a couple of pints. It was warm and the staff were lovely. A nice selection of beers wines and spirits. We will definitely be coming back here. Maybe have something to eat too.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Ideally situated next to the town center. Rooms are very clean but basic. The staff are very freindly and did anything that was asked . Would define they recommend it here. Also down stairs bar was busy with a freindly atmosphere

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 15 December 2016

me and my husband Stayed here for one night as we were visiting Wigan for the football Newcastle were playing away at the DW stadium. our room was a double room with on suite facilities. The room was quiet dated but the bed was really comfy and bedding was clean. there was a large bathroom with shower plenty of hot water and clean towels. The room had large tv on the wall. The room had a tiny window so was quite dark even with the room lights on and you could not see out of it. If you are looking for a modern hotel this is not it but we knew what to expect the rooms were above the pub and i would class it as definetly 2 star. As we were just staying for one night and leaving early in the morning this suited our needs. Pub was near the town center within walking distance It is advertised as having free parking you get a voucher to place in you car but be warned it took me over 20 min driving round and round the block to find a space, but it was early in the afternoon and with it being near town center.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The decor will not be to everyone's taste (red wall with yellow radiator) with African wall art and 1920s revue posters etc. Very nice owners but essentially it's a pub with a few funky rooms upstairs. This means no parking other than one hour max on a nearby meter and no breakfast. Spotted mould around the shower so not quite up to expectations but I appreciate their effort.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
7  Thank stability
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The following is an email I sent to this establishment. Consequently we have have not had a reply and I have backed this up with three phone calls and two voicemail messages. I am surprised by the good reviews but then if you scan down you will find more reviews like mine.......

We stayed at your rooms on Saturday night and would like a full refund for the following reasons;

The carpet had not seen a vacuum cleaner in a while and the bathroom floor also had bits on it. The stained carpet in the room does little to mask the need for vacuuming.

The sink in the bathroom is not fit for purpose. The taps are nearly as big as the sink. There is no plug and so a standard face wash is very nearly impossible, Due to the condition of the floor we decided against using the shower facilities.

The room is cold and draughty and the single radiator goes no way towards heating it adequately.

We arrived tired and ready for a weekend away. We left exhausted. Your other guests are obviously not aware that the door marked "doctors surgery" is a guest room and not the entrance to the hotel. We were woken at 11.45 by someone trying to get in and then banging on the door loudly for the next 10 mins. I was terrified. And as a consequence I watched tv all night as I couldn't sleep. But then sleep would have been impossible due to the noise from the room above ours until the small hours. I think someone fell out of bed twice. We did not realise until the next morning when we were leaving and there was a foreign man smoking with the door open to what I assume is the entrance to the main rooms that that might have been why we were woken by a drunken guest trying to get in. We did try calling the hotel for help but this went to answer phone. What happens in an emergency if one of us was a disabled visitor? This would have been very alarming and they would have had to call the police for assistance.

You need to advise people staying in this particular room that the mattresses are old and no longer supportive and that loud drunken pedestrian traffic is to be expected until the small hours during the weekends due to the location.

All in all this does not live up to what was implied on the website. My husband had tried to plan a spontaneous weekend away for us to be able to visit with his elderly poorly mother in Wigan at her care home and then spend some time relaxing. Needless to say we did not relax and returned home the next morning without doing our planned visit to Liverpool for the day. If there had been anyone available we would have addressed this immediately.

I would like a full refund of my husbands hard worked for money for a room that was "dirty not quirky" and for the lack of sleep due to all the omitted things from your website regarding this substandard room.

Room Tip: The location for Wigan is perfect but there are other options available with the same location.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple