and 1 more site!
Fifteens of Swinley
Ranked #2 of 5 Wigan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel from 3 August to 6 August 2017 with my daughter. When we arrived, we were greeted by the bar lady, and shown our room. She was friendly, and very helpful, and that is probably the only good thing about this "hotel". When you walk in to the hotel area, you are immediately hit with the stench of old carpets. The carpets are also very dirty. The room was a good size, and had all the basics required for a weekend stay, however the room was really dirty. I don't think the window sills had been cleaned in months, as there was a thick layer of dust. I dropped the remote behind the side table, and when my daughter retrieved it for me, her hands were covered in cobwebs. There were also a lot of cobwebs in the passageways.

If you do not want to enter through the bar area, you are able to enter through the side door, which is situated in the alley next to the building. This was a nightmare, because the alley is so dirty. On the steps leading into the building, there was a take out box with fish in it, that had probably been there for weeks, as the stench was horrid. The box was there when we arrived Thursday evening, and was there when we left on Sunday - it is probably still there. There are also empty beer bottles lying in the alley.

Upon arrival we received a 10% off gift voucher for breakfast at the Royal Oak - give this a skip too, as their food is honestly awful.

The pub area is fantastic, and I think this is where the owner has focused most of her attention, as the hotel really is not worth the money that is paid to stay there. The pub is obviously busy until late/early hours of the morning, and therefore the noise carries up into the rooms.

The "hotel" is situated in a perfect location, as it is within walking distance of town and the public transport.

There was a problem with the internet and the hot water too.

As an avid traveler and blogger, I can honestly say that I cannot give this place a thumbs up. I would never return here - but that is my personal opinion - everyone has different requirements - mine is cleanliness and comfort.

Room Tip: If you want a good room - go to a different hotel. If you want a good pub - go to this one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CyreneStolk

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Me & my partner stayed here for the weekend whilst we attended a few parties & a wedding. We stayed in Room 3 which was absolutely beautiful, rustic & had a lovely feel to it. If you're hot bloodied like I am you may want to take a small fan as the floors are heated.

The staff are absoluetly lovely & couldn;t do enough for you. I will definitly be staying here again if I am in the area. Thank you for the wonderful room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JordanKyle94
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Another lovely venue for a couple of pints. It was warm and the staff were lovely. A nice selection of beers wines and spirits. We will definitely be coming back here. Maybe have something to eat too.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Ideally situated next to the town center. Rooms are very clean but basic. The staff are very freindly and did anything that was asked . Would define they recommend it here. Also down stairs bar was busy with a freindly atmosphere

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 15 December 2016

me and my husband Stayed here for one night as we were visiting Wigan for the football Newcastle were playing away at the DW stadium. our room was a double room with on suite facilities. The room was quiet dated but the bed was really comfy and bedding was clean. there was a large bathroom with shower plenty of hot water and clean towels. The room had large tv on the wall. The room had a tiny window so was quite dark even with the room lights on and you could not see out of it. If you are looking for a modern hotel this is not it but we knew what to expect the rooms were above the pub and i would class it as definetly 2 star. As we were just staying for one night and leaving early in the morning this suited our needs. Pub was near the town center within walking distance It is advertised as having free parking you get a voucher to place in you car but be warned it took me over 20 min driving round and round the block to find a space, but it was early in the afternoon and with it being near town center.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple