“Tasteless food”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant. THE Chinese Buffet has exciting and ambitious expansion plans with more than 18 new restaurants planned to open across the North West within the next five years with a national franchise in place by 2016.
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Been her many times before and the food has always been Okay, on this occasion the food was awful. Everything we tried had no flavour and the starters were greasy and bland

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback and I'm really sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with us, food quality is a top priority so I will be sure to pass your comments back to the team

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Food always cooked well always hot always fresh staff are lovely Amazon place to eat with a wide verity of food

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

We're so glad you really enjoy dining with us and are impressed with our food and service! Thank you for your lovely review

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Entered buffet 1hr30 minutes prior to price change (from £8.99 lunch to £15.99 evening price change) had soup and prawn crackers to start. Went to main buffet to be greeted by empty pans, there was no food left. Asked when this would be replenished and was ignored twice. Got a few spring rolls and sat for a while. Then asked a waiter why the food had not been replenished for the last 30 minutes. Returned to buffet to see if anything had been replenished. Asked a different waiter and waiter physically removed the plate from my hand and shouted at me. It was clear that they were making people wait for food to increase the time that diners were in the restaurant as if you pay after the evening meal time has begun you have to pay the higher price. Have never been asked to leave (or shouted at) in a restaurant before and will not be returning to this establishment. I made it clear to the manager before I left (without paying) that I would never be returning and that the service was terrible, at this point the waiter that had shouted at me began shouting at me again in Chinese! I suppose that the food I had )soup and prawn crackers with 4 spring rolls) was good but the service is unbelievably poor and therefore do not recommend this establishment.

1  Thank antHul1976
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Just had lunch here, very disappointing. the food was awful, very little choice and what was there looked and tasted like it had been there for a few days, let alone hours. It was very bland compared to other Chinese buffet we had, at different places.
We will not be returning here. Poor quality and poor value for money.

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy dining with us for lunch recently, we pride ourselves on offering a great range of dishes to suit all tastes so we're sorry you feel you didn't experience this. I have passed your comments back to the team.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I felt the establishment was nice and the fact you can go back as many times as you want, but I felt that at times I felt I had to rush as they came back for the plate way to early, the custard was to sweet for my taste and I did ask if there was any squirty cream instead, plus the marshmallows was a little stale as if they had been out for ages but the rest of the food was really nice and I felt the doughnuts was a little dry.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you felt rushed during your visit, I would like to assure you that we wouldn't have meant to come across as rushing you in any way. I have passed your comments back to our manager to address this with the team.