“Farthers day”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Great as usual we had the set menu , service fantastic, food very good you really can't fault any part the salt and pepper ribs are my favourite the duck runs a close 2nd . See you soon

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Always good standard with friendly service. We had the Banquet C option which was very nice.
Decent selection of wines, including a nice inexpensive Pinot Grigio.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Visited Shanghai Palace last weekend with my friends for a meal. We ordered a variety of starters to put in the middle & share. They were presented beautifully!! We then asked for break as the starters were so filling! Our mains arrived, and again we put a few in the middle to share. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere was great! The staff were so attentive and helpful.
Thank you for a fantastic night... Will be returning very soon! !

1  Thank SueRoberts10
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Four of us went to the Shanghai Palace for a celebratory meal. We were welcomed in a pleasant & friendly manner, shown to out table and given menus, our drinks order was taken & arrived shortly after.

The menu has a great selection of dishes, the decorations were very nice & everywhere was very clean. After selecting our dishes, we ordered & despite there only being two members of staff waiting on, we received great service.

The food was deliscious, the drinks were good & the ambiance was relaxing as well as authentic. My only criticism was we were not offered chop sticks.

All in all a great experience, which we will definitely be enjoying again.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

We visited this restaurant for my wifes birthday on 7/5. The "welcome" was questionable and we then waited a while watching the staff pass by before being asked "ok". I took this as an instruction to order so we did. First out was the spare ribs starter, it was almost thrown at us and there was certainly no service with a smile. The food was good but when we asked for a finger bowl we received wipes and a scowl, not sure what other customers do but I'd prefer to clean the ok sauce from my hand and not wear it on my clothes. The mains were delivered in the same way and the empty glasses on the table and my attempt to order drinks was ignored. Again the food itself was good but the delivery was best described as morrisey practicing shot putt - miserably and almost aggressively. After the mains had been taken away we considered ordering deserts and coffee but after 15 mins of the staff walking past empty glasses and us trying to make some connection we decided to go to the desk and pay. Strangely enough I suddenly became much more noticeable when I had my wallet in my hand....... So we mentioned how we felt about the service. The lady at the desk went to speak to the manager and came back to tell us the manager was "too busy". Too busy for their own customers, without customers they would have more time to put their feet up but I'm not sure how this will pay the bills. In the end we got a half hearted apology sent by message. Please don't encourage this ignorance towards the paying customer and find another restaurant.