“It was good but closed now, how sad.”

Shanghai Palace Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We wanted a Chinese meal and decided to make a detour from Bolton to Wigan, on our way to Warrington. We had visited Shanghai Palace a number of times before and were really disappointed to find it has closed down. What a shame!

1  Thank DoreenH_10

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This was always a great place to eat. Decor to die for, and a lounge area to suit everyone.

Staff and food was a marvel! However, I would like to keep you all updated. I firmly believe this restaurant has sadly now closed.

If anyone knows different please share. Thanks.

9  Thank K990JO
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Excellent friendly service. Nothing too much trouble. Food fantastic. Good entertainment .
Enjoyed it so much meeting up there again next week for our annual reunion.

1  Thank Lynneytraynor
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I went for Sunday lunch with my husband, daughter, son-in law and 2 small grandchildren The place it's self is beautiful, very oppulent surroundings and staff were lovely. We did find it very expensive though, think it is the price of the drinks more than the food. We had 3 starters 5 mains, kids shared one and 2 moo cow pre ready ice creams, we all had 3 drinks, kids had lemonade and the food was nice, portions not very big and it came to £140, which we thought a bit much for what we had. The restaurant is struggling as it is very rarely even 1/2 full. I have been a few times and there are less and less people in everytime. If they did a Sunday or more week night specials it may help. People haven't got the money these days, It's a shame as a lot of effort has gone into making it a beautiful place. I remember when it 1st opened you had to book to get in. I live just round the corner so pass it regularly and I can't remember the last time it wasanywhere near full. Such a shame. Maybe an idea is to create a proper function room, not just a seperate room you can see into. Wigan is very short of party venue's. I do hope they don't close and improve on what they have.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Been here a few times, always great food. Caters to children. Good attentive staff. Lovely decor inside. Fair prices. Never many people in when we go and I don't no why as its lovely!