All reviews beefeater next door beefeater restaurant air con meal deal attached beefeater beef eater white rock building work wet room main road top floor ample parking family room budget hotel night's sleep excellent stay bus stop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Premier Inn, Paignton South
I am a pretty regular visitor to Premier Inn and use the hotels for both business and pleasure trips.

However I was most disappointed with my stay at the Paignton South hotel. We were allocated room 101, first floor next to the stairwell.

We checked in pretty late (approx. 22:30) and as soon as we entered the room we could hear loud footsteps and creaky floorboards from the room above. This continued until around midnight when I finally managed to get to sleep. I was woken at 06:30 when someone from the room above started to walk around the room. I could then hear people running up and down the stairwell which kept me from going back to sleep.

I spoke with Steve on reception as I wanted to claim against the good night guarantee and he advised me to raise my concerns via the website.

I most certainly did not have a good night's sleep, in fact one of the worst I can remember! I have expressed my concerns via the Premier Inn website and am currently awaiting their reply.

I would recommend staying in a room away from the stairs and preferably on the top floor.

UPDATE:
Premier Inn Guest Relations have responded to my email, they have stated that it is very important that guests enjoy their stay with Primer Inn, they are sorry that I did not enjoy my time with them and as a result the have arranged to credit my account with the price I paid for the room.

Fair play Premier Inn, you advertise a good night sleep or your money back and you have kept your promise - Well done!

Room tip: Stay in a room away from the stairs
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

An excellent hotel, very friendly staff. Dad was ill during our stay but staff were very helpful. Food next door was very good. Only problem was that the map on my confirmation email was wrong, other than that everything was great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
1  Thank Curious04237420350
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic room, staff are great, compfy big bed, loads of tea and coffee ect. Great bath and shower, clean towels and room cleaned to a great standard daily, me and my partner will definitely be going back, would highly recommend

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We booked a cottage in Devon and traveled from the midlands Friday night to the cottage. When we got there, disaster. The cottage was horrible, infested with fruit flies and hornets. Now it was after 10:30pm and we were 200 miles from home.

Logged on line and found the hotel had a room available. We called them to make sure and they were brilliant. Welcomed us to the hotel and even helped with the bags. The Room Was brilliant, clean and comfortable. They turned a right issue into a peaceful sleep. Really recommend the hotel and the staff who were super.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 574MattG
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Clean and smart room very helpfull front of house very nice room beefeater pub next door lovely lady called penny that looked after us all night lovely food and drinks would differently stay again the shower in our room was lovely and big and very powerful shower

Date of stay: November 2018