“Great value for money”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant for over 10 years with my grandparents (who live down the road). Perhaps I am blinded by pleasant nostalgia, but this is a great curry house with friendly staff, understated yet tatseful decor, and delicious dishes. Also, the Sunday buffet, the price of which hasn't seemed to have changed since 2005, is an absolute bargain. Thanks for the great night.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Started using the Eastern Eye a few months ago, introduced by a friend, the food is outstanding, the portions are sensible and the service is first class, we will definitely be back and recommend you give it a try if you live in the area.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

After several visits and giving the benefit of the doubt each time I can say today was the LAST TIME I will spend money here. Food-wise ordered the Lamb Pasanda which was lovely. My guest ordered Lamb Rogan Josh which was like lamb in a blitzed up can of Italian tomatoes. However, the abiding memory is of the lukewarm welcome and service - my goodness guys, you couldn't have been any ruder if you'd tried - what a DISGRACE - none of you deserve to be employed in the hospitality sector - you would make more money if you CLOSED AT LUNCHTIME as you obviously don't want the custom - other diners BE WARNED!!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We visited as a large group and all enjoyed the food through poppadoms, starters and mains. I had the Goan chicken which was delish! Recommended.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We decided to go to Eastern Eye for my stepdad's birthday. As soon as we arrived, we realized that we were getting ignored by the waiting staff. It took nearly 30 minutes for our orders to be taken. Once the orders were eventually taken, we then waited for over an hour until the starters arrived. There was no explanation why it was taking so long. We were just getting ignored and were not even offered any drinks while we waited. The vegetarian starters were mixed with the meat starters. Once we finished our starters, it took over an hour for the main course to arrive and still, no drinks taken and no explanation for the wait. It was not even worth waiting for as it was all watery and not even that tasty. Towards the end of our meal, a different, very young waiter appeared who was really friendly and attentive, but it was too late to save my stepdad's birthday. I hope this young gentleman will find a job in a place where people are respected as he does not deserve to work in a place like this. AVOID!

1  Thank Maggie G