Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Palmerston Grange(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
Travelocity
All reviewspark resortslower hydeisle of wightentertainment staffsun holidayentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentsister siteswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentmain bedroomfamily holidaycentral heatinglovely sitewashing machinefantastic holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were lucky enough to have our school holidays early so our holiday was cheaper and quieter. But off peak meant nothing. We cannot fault this holiday park on anything. Let me start from the beginning. Pleasant reception staff on arrival. Caravan was excellent. So clean we thought it was brand new! We had a minor heating problem that was sorted before I had walked from reception back to the caravan. We had another two minor issues that were sorted while we were out. Entertainment was superb. A special mention must go to the fantastic Troupers - Stevo, Heather, Chloe and Rebecca. At one point during the last night there was only our family and one other. They did not stop being totally professional to the last minute. We had a meal on our last night. One of us has Coeliac Disease and the lady was more than helpful sorting out a gluten free meal. The meals were brilliant. The pool was small but great fun with friendly pool staff. Overall this site is brilliant. Excellent staff, accomodation, facilities. If you want an amazing base to see the island, you must stay here!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian W
CustomerServicePR, Guest Relations Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for posting this fantastic review and we're delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Landguard. It is great that you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday and we do hope you would choose to stay with us again on any future visits to the Isle of Wight.

^AO

Reviewed 27 December 2017

It did exactly what it said on the tin. It was advertised as a cheap and cheerful holiday (through Wowcher) and that's exactly what it was. I was unsure when I first saw how close the caravans are to each other. I wasn't sure if my dog would bark because people would be so close to us but I didn't need to worry. I was impressed with the caravan itself. For an additional £30 I had upgraded the caravan and it was money well spent. It rained for the whole day on our first day but the caravan was cosy and warm and had everything we needed. The beach was within walking distance but busy. We thoroughly enjoyed our time away and considering how close the caravans were we were not disturbed. I had requested a quiet area and was very glad I did as there was an entertainment building which would have been noisy with lots of people passing our caravan. We were tucked away in the furthest corner and so had no passing traffic which enabled us to have a very relaxing week.

Room Tip: The staff were very good at catering for our needs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank emilystritser
CustomerServicePR, Guest Relations Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Landguard and found your accommodation to be well equipped for your needs and I do hope you would choose to stay with us again on any future trips to the Isle of Wight.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic time with wonderful place the staff.
The kids entertainment was fab and with my daughter with special needs they gave her so much time.
Only negative is the cash points they charge you for taking out cash

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Horshamseagulls
CustomerServicePR, Guest Relations Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for posting this five star review for Landguard. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that your daughter was well looked after by our dedicated entertainment team.

Thank you once more for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Booked a week away with family& grandkids etc they had a super week the park staff were brilliant and the entertainment great all of the entertainment staff worked their socks off for the kids you would not have thought it was the end of the season but the start my grandkids loved Ryan, Jordon, and all the guys and girls so a big thank you. we have been many times and it just gets better loved seeing Tyler give the wrestlers loads of stick another great added attraction free keep up the good work hope to see you in 2018
Sid Morton,Carly Clark ,Tyler,Lacey,Dollie,James and Nanny

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank driftwood1979

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and have given us a five star review. I shall pass your kind comments onto our Entertainment Manager who will be thrilled with such positive feedback and we all hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely, very well kept, really quite. Stayed here with the £9.50 Sun offer. Check in was quick, staff very very helpful. We had a brand new caravan that was so warm leather her sofas the full works! Park is very close to Robin Hill and only about 20 mins from Osbourne house. Would defiantly go back. Well done Landguard!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbiequested

Thank you for posting this fantastic review for Landguard. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and found all our staff to be very helpful and it is great to know that you would chose to stay with us again in the future.