“A Great Sunday Brunch”

Paragon Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Paragon Bar is open daily offering a variety of hot and cold beverages, together with a bar menu, which includes hearty meals to light bites - and even afternoon tea! Paragon Restaurant is open nightly offering a lavish evening carvery consisting of an array of cold meats, salads and warm homemade soup, succulent roast joints accompanied by seasonal vegetables and sauces, delicious desserts, cheese and biscuits! There is something for everyone! Children are most welcome when accompanied by an adult, and we also provide a children's menu Paragon Bar and Restaurant are proud to accommodate the dietary requirements of all our guests, and are constant in providing vegetarian options. Please let us know if you have an allergy, and we will do our upmost to ensure your meal is acceptable.
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Went here for 3 course sunday lunch £19.95p and were very pleased. It was fairly quiet desppite the TT. Service was very attentive. The starter selection was a main meal in itself (salmon, smoked salmon, cold meats, prawns, seafood, salad dishes etc.,etc.,). The hot meat buffet was good. The variety of deserts was adequate. The wine menu was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

My partner and I regularly have Sunday lunch in this restaurant. However last Sunday the Palace Hotel decided that their regular Sunday lunch customers would take second place to the Casino 50th year celebrations. The lunch venue was moved into a totally inadequate space and it was not a pleasant dining experience. The tables were too close together, the food was not given adequate space - all courses. The staff were stressed and it was just a let down. Some people dine in this restaurant every Sunday not just every 50 years and the Palace management should have looked after their regular customers better than this.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Visited here with my girlfriend, was impressed on arrival, met at the door and shown to our table where menus were given. Bread followed immediately and the restaurant looked lovely in itself and the staff were all well presented, however the waitress failed to take the menus when we ordered and didn't know if they had a wine list. I would also say that the waiting on staff were a bit too keen to impress as we were interupted several times, I don't even know why as I couldn't understand the waitress as she was foreign (obviously not her fault). My partner and I ordered the swordfish, which although was cooked beautifully, was lukewarm for both of us but as it took 20 minutes to cook and at this point I was starving, I ate it anyway. To the restaurant's credit when I informed the waiter of this they knocked 10% off the bill. Also there was live music but it sounded as though someone was accidentally broadcasting a guitar lesson... loudly... on the whole very disappointed.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I did not come to this restaurant out of choice as I was invited to a meal as part of a large group. Food was edible but not particularly exciting. There are better places to go on the island.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Pleasant enough seafood starters, although no prawns. Mediocre selection of overpriced wines. Carvery with dry meat, skin on gravy, and overcooked, dry, rubbery roast potatoes.