“Haggis, Highlands and the best Guest House you'll ever stay in!!!!”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Ranked #1 of 23 Kingussie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was our first trip to the Scottish Highlands and Arden House did not disappoint!!!!
Arden house itself is beautiful and the rooms are lovely and comfortable.
Norrie and Jenny the owners are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them to make your stay memorable. They are full of great tips about the area to help you make the most of your stay.
The breakfasts were magnificent. A huge choice cooked however you want it to be cooked and the they set you up well for the rest of the day. Norrie let me try some Haggis the first morning..... Now I'm hooked!!! I bought some Haggis from the local Butchers { which is worth a Wee peek] and Norrie very kindly cooked it to perfection every morning!!
You will not be disappointed if you book to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2011

It is difficult to add to the glowing comments from the other reviews. I stayed at Arden House on the way from Edinburgh to Inverness to meet friends for a few days of golf and whisky. My trip started badly as my golf clubs did not make it with me on the plane and were stranded in London. I arrived at Arden House quite miserable, but as soon as I stepped in the door the friendly welcome made me forget the trouble with my clubs!

This is a place to stay if you want comfort and warmth that only a top rated guest house can bring. I stay in many "chain" hotels on business, and I can tell you that Arden House is a breath of fresh air. It is clean and well fitted but that is just the start. And the breakfast is just incredible!

I really enjoyed staying here and wish it were for longer. I will certainly return here with my family for a longer break!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and i spent a wonderful weekend here, and can't wait to go back. Run by the charming couple, Norrie and Jenny, better hosts you couldn't find. Great room with stunning scenic views, top-notch service, cosy to an extent that makes you feel it's a home from a home. The area has many beautiful walks, very friendly people and even great fish and chips. A short drive to Aviemore, the mountain train, highland wildlife park and the glorious loch nish to name a few makes arden house the ideal base to explore the magic of the highlands!

Room Tip: Ask for the glenfiddich....
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kingussie1971
Reviewed 20 July 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed! The house is beautiful and in the lovely location of Kingussie. I was with my partner and our daughter, who is 3. She had never stayed in a B&B before so I was a bit nervous about how she'd get on but I had no need to worry. Norrie and Jenny were so welcoming from the start and really put us at ease. (the wee dram they offered us may have helped with that too!)
The room was more than adequate in size and tastefully decorated in a traditional way. The en-suite bathroom was huge!
We were only staying for one night and wanted to go for a picnic somewhere. Norrie and Jenny suggested a few places we could go and we chose Loch an eilien and we were not dissapointed! It was beautiful. The hosts have an excellent, first hand knowledge of the local area.
The breakfast in the morning was so yummy, one of the best we've had. Our daughter even couldn't resist having some sausages! The room where you sit for breakfast had a lovely relaxed vibe and they had some great traditional folk music playing in the background.
Overall, we felt extremely comfortable during our stay and it was definite value for money.
We would highly recommend Arden house and are planning to return again to stay in the future.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

When we arrived Norrie great us with a great smile and friendly attitude. He showed us to our room - which was beautiful. We were offered a wee dram or a sherry, given recommendations on food and walks nearby (all of which Norrie was spot on about!) We then were given a menu for breakfast and offered fresh milk for tea. It was a wonderful stay and I wished we had stayed longer!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingussie
0.1 km away
0.4 km away
Auld Alliance
Auld Alliance
#8 of 23 in Kingussie

Been to Arden House? Share your experiences!