“A nice stop off.”

Bar Mio
Ranked #96 of 381 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

friendly staff good coffee and superb cake! The outdoor area was peaceful for me as I was working and they have free Wi-Fi. table service too. perfect.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

A friend and I spent a wonderful sunny February morning enjoying a bracing walk along Ainsdale Beach. After working up an appetite we headed for the delightful village centre. We settled on Bar Mio for our lunch.
The place was busy primarily with septegenarians enjoying their retirements presumably, even though it was a Tuesday.

The staff were friendly and helpful, despite my friend changing her order because of some basil based fussiness. The Spicy Pepperoni Pasta was delicious, as was my friend's Mushroom, Tomato and Courgette Panini. After a few bites of the panini, my friend was somewhat bemused to discover some large slices of boiled carrot hidden amongst the filling. We were both at a loss to explain this as we had never seen such an incongruous item on a sandwich of any kind. Eventually we surmised that it must be some kind of West Lancashire delicacy that we, hailing from more industrial areas, were wholly ignorant of.

We thoroughly enjoyed our lovely lunch, and would definitely return should we find ourselves in the area again.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Visited whilst in area never been to this area before so it was very much spur of the moment and hope it was ok .

On arrival we were told menus on the table and order at the bar

Menu was small but included a good selection of Panninis , salads. , pasta ,risottos and soup .All reasonably priced

Ordered at the bar with two coffees and requested a glass of water to accompany
Panini and a salad with a cheeky portion of chips all arrived in timely manner and good presentation and taste .

I later noticed the pizza menu shame it hadn't been with other menu

Service was good and staff friendly

Overall a nice place for a light lunch ,coffee or cake

Noticed at night it was cocktails and tapas maybe I should return

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

No where better for a warming drink on a Winter's day! Good range of light meals and snacks at reasonable prices. Always a welcoming and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

What a delightful little place with great food, good service, warm atmosphere and friendly staff.

I visited here for the second time with friends this week. I thoroughly enjoyed my mushroom omelette and chips. Cooked to perfection, served and presented beautifully. So reasonable priced too!

Thank you all at Bar Mio.