“A bit costly, but good if you want to be close Heathrow.”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Stay here if you are not interested in London sightseeing. This hotel is about 10 minutes by taxi from Terminal 5.

They serve excellent buffet breakfast. It was so good that I used to hog in the morning and then have dinner at 5 pm - nothing in between!!

The rooms are good in size. Beds arr always clean. Toilets are clean. WC is separate from shower. This is a great convenience.

After all this is a 4 star hotel, so no complaints - all is good. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to stay close to the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 months whilst working at Heathrow. One things that stands out about the hotel in the staff and management. Nothing is too much to ask for. Always went the extra mile to ensure everything is taken care of.

The rooms are of a good size and standard with everything you need in them. The hotel is food is very good although the menu doesn't change that often.

The gym is small but has everything you need for a good workout.

I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again if I was flying out of LHR.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Stayed here for one night as i needed to collect a relative who had a very early flight the next morning. Service was standard nothing amazing. Room was on the first floor, queen bed, standard but not comfortable. Terrible room, had a bad odour in the bathroom (which had a separate toilet room - bizarre and outdated). The experience was summed up when the toilet flush system would not work. Disaster. Could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Roberto A, Front Office Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Nas_HollandPark,

Thank you very much for your review of Novotel London Heathrow Airport.

I am sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience in our hotel.

This is certainly far below the standards we have at Novotel and definitely not how we want our guests to feel when they leave us.

In the future should you have any issues during your stay please do not hesitate to raise your issues with a member of my team who would be more than happy to assist you at the time. Nonetheless if you would contact me at h1551-na@accor.com I would be more than happy to assist you now.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Novotel London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This hotel is in a pleasant quiet location handy to Heathrow Airport. The room was somewhat small but OK for one night. Because of it's location one needs to eat at the hotel restaurant that offers a limited but adequate menu with excellent bar and restaurant service from pleasant and friendly staff. Transport from Heathrow Airport is via the Hotel Hopper bus that normally runs at half hourly intervals, unfortunately we had to wait over an hour when we arrived. There is a delightful out door area and indoor swimming pool that is a real bonus for families.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rose955,

Thank you very much for your review of Novotel London Heathrow Airport.

I am sorry to hear of your experience with the Hoppa bus. From our hotel, should it be delayed we are always more than happy to assist you with booking a taxi which can often be the same price as well.

Nonetheless, thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant and team members and it is great to hear you enjoyed our pool and terrace too.

I hope you had a safe flight and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Novotel London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My stay at the Novotel Heathrow was linked to the Public Speakers University training course, but I got a slightly cheaper deal via booking.com than I would have got as part of the course package. Booking it was easy through the site.

I travelled down from the Midlands on 30 August 2017 by public transport (via Euston, Paddington, Heathrow Express and Hotel Hoppa shuttle bus). I was actually surprised that it took about 10 min from Terminal 3 to the hotel. It’s fine to use the bus if you don’t want to rent a car, but you better take a taxi with a lot of luggage as it can be pretty crowded on the little buses if many people are on it with lots of luggage.

The hotel is situated in what I consider to be some Hotel Village around 10 min away from the main terminals, which is actually quite pleasant. Yes, there’s always plenty of traffic but the hotel is a bit hidden from the busiest main roads and there are plenty of trees around the property for a little walkabout.

The check-in was quick and painless (so was the checkout four days later as well). Staff were friendly and helpful and pointed out all the important information right at the beginning of the stay.

The hotel has three floors, which can be reached by lift or stairs (they’re great for a bit of extra exercise when there’s no time for using the little gym or pool that are also available for use).

My room was very spacious, bigger than my bedroom at home (!) with en-suite bathroom and toilet as separate rooms. Everything was very clean and tidy and I was pleasantly surprised they had Fair Trade toiletries placed in the bathroom (although I didn’t really use them as I prefer to use my own more natural and toxin-free products). There was even a little minibar fridge, which was ideal for storing my superfood drink for the four days.

The course was held in the function rooms, one big one and two smaller ones as well as the foyer just outside the rooms. The rooms are ideal for smaller to medium-sized functions but not for bigger events for more than 200 people. Coffee, a variety of teas and water was constantly provided during breaks by friendly staff.

Breakfast and dinner could be had in the restaurant or even the bar area. The food in the restaurant was very tasty but pricey – I suppose food at hotels is generally more expensive. At least, the meal sizes for dinners seemed good value for money (I thought that pizza I had was massive, I couldn’t even finish it).

I very much enjoyed my stay. Staff members were generally very helpful and friendly, even house staff greeted me back or greeted first when passing. The room was very comfortable (although another storage drawer or two might have been an idea if the room was shared by more people). I slept very well and felt relaxed.

The place is great for families or people in wheelchairs, too. The lifts have a good size for wheelchairs to get in and access to bar, restaurant and facilities is flat (except to the swimming pool, there are some steps to get into the pool and I haven’t checked out if there’s a hoist etc. available).

I would recommend a stay at the Novotel for individuals and families who have to stay over at Heathrow for bridging a gap between flights or for visiting London or attractions in the surrounding area (if they didn’t wish to stay in central London itself). I also recommend it for holding events, e.g. workshops, seminars or smaller size family events as it can cater well for them. It’s a great alternative to Central London.

Room Tip: Good accessibility for wheelchairs to general areas, possibly tight with bigger wheelchairs in rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear EAWallace,

Thank you very much for your review of Novotel London Heathrow Airport.

Your comments regarding our hotel and staff are too kind and we are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed the Public Speakers University. It looked like a fantastic course and we are thrilled to hear that you were very happy with our London Suite.

All Novotel properties have Fair Trade amenities in line with our Planet 21 commitment to sustainability so you can be assured we are doing our best for the environment too.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Novotel London Heathrow

2.1 km away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
1.7 km away
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!