“A wonderful place to play golf and visit”
Review of Cowdray Golf

Cowdray Golf
Ranked #31 of 43 Restaurants in Midhurst
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I frequently visit Cowdry Park Golg Club and find everyone welcoming and friendly with good food and and excellent facilities. This week three other ladies and myself entered their Ladies Open which was so well run and with such a lovely course we signed up immediately for their next one in October. I have also had golf lessons with their Pro Tim Allen for at least 16 years and followed him to Cowdray when he moved. He is an excellent teacher with an engaging personality. I would recommend he and Cowdray to everyone. Di

Cowdray_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Cowdray Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Di,

Thank you for reviewing Cowdray back in the summer. We are delighted you enjoy your visits to our golf course and clubhouse. We hope you will be back on many occasions.

Kind regards, the Cowdray Marketing team.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Midhurst is a lovely town and the course has some great views and challenging holes. The lodges are superb for an overnight stay. I've stayed and played at Cowdray a few times so I've pretty much experienced the whole package, the accommodation, electric buggies, huge car park, large clubhouse, pro shop, changing rooms (great showers), restaurant and bar (with TV showing sport).... oh and the golf course which is always a pleasure to play. The whole place has a high quality finish and the helpful staff have always made my trips run smoothly ... from the the pro-shop to the halfway hut (hot food and drink) there is always someone to smile and listen politely to my story about how I made an eagle.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

13th June I went on my annual day out with my father's golf society. On previous years we've been to the likes of Broadstone, the Army and Goodwood but Cowdray did not disappoint! Started with coffee and bacon rolls on the patio with beautiful views across the Cowdray estate, served by very friendly staff and the manager was there to make sure we were all happy. The course was in great condition with fantastic undulating greens. The layout is challenging but not with the excessive length of some of the more modern courses. Changing and shower facilities were first class. Generous choice of roasts served in the dining room. Many thanks to everyone at Cowdray golf.

1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I've been visiting Cowdray for many years, the club (staff and members) have always been helpful, friendly and welcoming. The pro shop is a small members pro shop with a knowledgable golf manager - who bends over backwards to help everyone.

The bar and restaurant is typical of many members courses, that is not a bad thing! Reliable and filling food to get you round 18 holes and a decent pint. Oh and a great half way hut!

Yes you could go and pay 5 times more at Goodwood or Old Thorns; but the welcome and course at Cowdray will make you regret wasting your money.

1  Thank Mildmildwest
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The manager at the pro shop was extremely rude and disparaging towards my friend. Needless to say I will not be returning.

1  Thank Allison C
Cowdray_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Cowdray Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

We are very disappointed to learn that your friend had a poor experience on her recent visit to our Pro Shop. We pride ourselves on being a friendly club and the team work hard to welcome visitors. We hope you will re-consider and visit us again.