“First visit. Impressed with the cafe and the shop.”

Blair Drummond Smiddy
Ranked #71 of 238 Restaurants in Stirling
Description: Bright and airy café, with stunning views and a fresh, interesting menu including delicious daily specials and fabulous home baking. Shop selling daily essentials; fruit, veg and milk, unusual gifts and speciality food and drink. Butchery department with quality meat that is locally sourced.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place looked promising from the main road so we turned off and went in. As a coeliac I was hoping to be able to find something gluten free to eat and that my long suffering wife who has to eat where I can eat would also find something to her liking. Initial impressions were very good. The shop stocked loads of gluten free products and the giftware was very tasteful and good quality.
As it turned out I had several gluten free choices to have with my excellent coffee. The staff were attentive and helpful too. We both enjoyed our time there. One member of staff took me through the menu to illustrate what I could eat safely there. When I explained that I was a regular contributor to an online gluten free message board he gave me their business card which was a good idea. We intend to go back soon and I will try eating a meal there. All being well I hope to be able to recommend the business to my fellow coeliacs via the message board which will hopefully create more customers. We coeliacs tend to return repeatedly to places that cater well for them. Their friends and families often come with them so one happy coeliac often leads to a wider network of customers and repeat business. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited last Saturday afternoon. Restaurant busy but fairly quickly people were leaving so plenty tables available. We were served within 10 minutes and placed our order - tea, coffee and cake. 45 minutes later we still had not been served. I went to desk and spoke to staff explaining how long we had waited. No reply but shrug of shoulders. Another 10 minutes passed and eventually we were gven the wrong order and told few cakes were left. No apologies given. Would add that during our long wait four female members of staff spent their time laughing and talking personal talk. Two ladies at the next table had waited longer than us and complained. We had been twice previously to the Smiddy and on each occasion again had very long waits for service. Would recommend staff be supervised. Have been in hospitality business myself so aware of how important it is for good staff and recommendation by word of mouth. Will not be back. Please note review will not allow to click rating.

1  Thank Carole P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have driven by the Blair Drummond Smiddy several times and not stopped but so glad that we stopped this time. What a delightful place. There is a café at one end of the building and the food and coffee were great. There is a lovely meat counter and all the meat looked top quality and everything was so well presented. There are shelves filled with unusual grocery items and a lovely selection of gift ideas. The toilet facilities were immaculate. We will be back in Scotland within the next few months and will definitely stop here for coffee and cake and a browse. Plenty of parking outside and the entrance is suitable for disabled visitors.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I goto The Smiddy farm shop often for there meat. The butchers are very friendly always happy to help and always cuts the meat to the size you need for your family. The thing that is really putting me off this place is some off the staff they tend to look down on you!!!! For example I was in and I was buying some pies and there was a couple in front of me and it was coming to the end of the day so the lady at the till had 3 loafs of bread that she was giving away she said the the people in front of me feel free to take one so they took two. There was also someone behind me as well waiting to be served. When it was my turn to be served the lady moved the bread i just thought that maybe she was not going to give the last bread away but once I had paid and the next people moved forward she offered it to them!!!! This is what I am talking about some of the staff not being so friendly. I like the shop and I really like there food but if there staff do not improve there manner to people I will stop going!!!

3  Thank Nikki A
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Love it here, the restaurant, shop,butchery and deli are all fantastic. Staff are friendly, polite, helpful. Would highly recommend and love the butchers bundle, great value.