All reviews town centre single room enjoyed my stay location is excellent breakfast was included stayed one night full scottish breakfast scotland castle pubs function
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

After reading previous reviews we were dubious about staying here but in all honesty we could not have had a better experience. The room was spotless and the staff were really nice and friendly, both Sam and Sandra made us feel at home. The guest house is so close to town aswell u can walk it in mins. We will def stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Filthy, stinky, damp, BLOOD IN BATHROOM, sealed windows, rude manager, soaking wet carpets covered in dead bugs.
Checked out first thing and found other accommodation.
For sake of health and sanity, do not stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie-Lee N
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

This was not my favorite place on the trip. We arrived from Inverness to Stirling in the afternoon. The location is ok- we were able to walk to eat and to see the beheading stone, but some of the areas of the city seemed pretty sketchy. A walk to the castle would probably be way more than desired so we were lucky we had a car. As for the bed and breakfast itself, you get what you pay for. Maybe less. The smell of the residence was not great and the room seemed drab. It was “clean” but still felt dirty. The shower switched from really cold to scolding hot, so anything less than washing the “sacred areas” would have been rough. The breakfast was ok, although the smell of the eating room reminded me of a Morgue or embalming room (yes, I work with the dead). Let’s just say that I would not come back to stay here and would not recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine K
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Arrived in my room to find the toilet had not been flushed!! Not a good start. When I mentioned it, the receptionist just rolled their eyes! My room was next door to the breakfast room and the fire escape was directly outside my window so people were coming outside to smoke and there was no privacy! Blinds? Room not cleaned while I was there. Bin emptied, dregs of coffee poured out of the mug but not actually washed. Worst of all, the bathroom stank of cigarette smoke AFTER the 'cleaner' had been in. Overall, the rooms aren't bad, the bathroom is new but this place is let down by a complete lack of care, service or basic cleanliness. Hairs around the side of the shower cubicle. Ring marks from mugs on the table. It's not that hard to wipe a bloody table! Oh, and the corridors stink!! Would never stay here again. In fact, I actually considered not staying here at all and booking the Premier Inn instead. Considering the rooms aren't that cheap, there are better options if you want somewhere basic and CLEAN to stay!

Room tip: Avoid Room 4 if you want privacy or a lie-in. Right next to the breakfast room so you'll be woken up by the noise from 8.30am.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The WiFi is advertised as being available but turned out to only be at reception, Windows had been painted all over the glass, place really needs to be updated. Breakfast left a lot to be desired, the bread was still in the bag for helping yourself.
No class. only good thing was the location

Room tip: don't go there
Date of stay: August 2018