“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2016

I fancied a spag Bol and f and b's had it on the menu so booked a table for 7.30pm on bank holiday Monday. The service was excellent not too fast or slow, our starters were delicious, spicy zucchini and spicy chicken wings. My wife had chicken penne and found it delicious, my spag Bol was boring, insufficient amount of sauce and bland, Frankie and Bennys is an Italian restaurant and should be ashamed of this Bolognese sauce.
Pros , very pleasant staff.
Cons, no toilet paper in the ladies toilet my wife informed the staff but an hour later still no toilet paper, not very pleasant.
Note, I make my own Bolognese sauce and if f and b's would like my recipe just call.

1  Thank Baz F

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Randomly decided to eat here while passing through. Walking in there was no one to greet us even tho there was less than 5 people in the restaurant. Waited with no response from staff so found a seat and sat.
There was napkins on the floor, tables were uncleared, chairs were all messy. Attention to detail was not present. Tables that were uncleaned when we arrived still were not cleared when we left 40 minutes later.
The toilets were flooded with no signs so good i didnt break my neck.
Food was good and waiting time was good. Cleaning needs more attention.
Still tipped the server even tho only spoke to us when we were paying.
Will not be back.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

The constant "hi Guys" "everything ok Guys" has worn thin.
You could stomach the Americanisms as most places think this is acceptable however I don't know what has happened to this place.
I went about 6 mth ago with a group of lads before we went out.
The food then was terrible. I had one of them folded pizzas and it was like cardboard. I didn't complain as we were going out, it was a stop gap.
Yesterday a quick decision. Take out the family. 2 kids 2 adults.
The service was ok, the stella I ordered was three quarters full. When I complained I was told "that's how I get told how to pour them!" Madness
The food, over priced small pizza.
I had ribs. The sauce was thin and tasteless, the meat cooked well. The chips were stone cold.
Mrs couldn't eat her chicken pitta and the sweet corn was cold, black and off.
50 quid for that.
No wonder it was empty. People have had enough of paying top dollar (my Americanism) for rubbish food.
Sorry. The food is awful.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

We only booked our table on a Saturday lunchtime after trying to get in else where. There were 6 adults and one child.
Everything was good, staff were brilliant, friendly, helpful, happy.
Whilst we were there there were 4 other birthday parties, the place was quite busy but the atmosphere was good. Food was amazing except one dish which was a little bit lacking, the calamari pasta was a little short in calamari and instead had a little too much chilli. However this will teach me too ask the waiter in future.

I would really have liked to have given F&B's 5/5 but there is one thing stopping me, the price, even with a member of our group getting his NHS discount the meal came to £200. Don't get me wrong we came away FULL, but when the starting platter is £17, and a simple pasta dish is about £13, it soon adds up. I think 3 beers came to £20. However we all had an amazing time and will definitely be coming back but only after we saved up the pennies and got an NHS member with us, oh n it's for a special event!

Hint:- Before you go, download the F&B app, you get a few vouchers and special deals.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Food was absolutely brilliant!! Starters and mains were what we had an wrre fabulous. However the way the young lady - manager i think spoke to us was disgusting. And i could hear her using abusive language and inappropriate jokes with other members. Absolutely foul girl. And to think she may be manager!!! Wont be going again simply due to her.