“BRILLIANT”

Ranked #11 of 176 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$11 - US$53
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are ideally situated on the corner of Main Street opposite Bangor's Bus & Rail Station and the local Post Office. Open seven days a week for lunch, tapas, dinner and drinks.
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Service was top class!
Staff knew what everything was on the menu (I was very fussy)

Food was amazing! Goat cheese bonbons are outstanding!!

Would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family!

TOP MARKS AVA

3  Thank Lloyd B

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Dined here with my partner on an early Sunday evening. We chose to sit in the ground floor wine bar as opposed to the upstairs restaurant. Greeted by friendly staff who seemed run off their feet. Told by waiter to pick a free table then he promptly left. The chair was broken so we had to find a new one. It was a bit of a wait to get our menus, no offer of drinks whilst we waited.

Eventually a friendly waitress came to take our food order but we wanted to see a wine list so we were given this. Nice selection of wines on offer and the food menu is quite extensive. We both opted for the £10.95 two course deal which is excellent value for money. Our wine was brought to the table and poured. Very nice bottle of Rioja at a nice temperature. Just had to fish the remnants of cork out of the glass.

My partner had the Caesar salad and it was tasty and fresh, he did say he thought there was too much dressing which overpowered the dish. We both had roast silverside for our mains which was delicious. Very tender and huge portions.

We had to ask for our bill three times when leaving. In my opinion there was not enough staff employed, everyone was rushing about and it made the experience a bit fraught. The food was great and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. I would return but only at a less busy period as the service, although polite, was mediocre at best due to the volume of diners at the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. . . It doesn’t matter when you go Chris, Claire & the team provide excellent relaxed service for family’s or couples or friends. Fantastic selection on menu and happy to adjust for fussy kids. Lovely atmosphere and plenty of craic

3  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A couple of months ago I enjoyed a great lunch with friends here. The menu choice was good and the serving staff were engaging and helpful.

I returned for an evening meal with my family this week. The menu selection was good, but the staff were not particularly welcoming and the service was slow. The food was very pleasant but the poor service (when it was not busy) spoilt the evening for us. I couldn’t say if they do desserts, as we left after some time waiting.

We thought the bill was slightly on the high side, which would be fine if everything was enjoyable. We were left feeling rather disappointed. If I could give 3.5 stars I would as the food was very good, but the service was not.

3  Thank TouristBoy
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous afternoon in the ava with some friends, staff went over and above, were extremely friendly and tending to all our needs on a busy Saturday including being very patient while it took us a while to decide on food and drinks.. The manager himself was good fun and very welcoming.. Would highly recommend this place for both food and staff.. Food was five star quality and good portion sizes. The manager even enjoyed a photo bomb

3  Thank Jennifer B