Bangor Castle Walled Garden
Review Highlights
Peaceful

Beautiful walk while waiting for my daughter in the pool. A lot of time and care is clearly been... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Wat_the_maliks_do
via mobile
Bird of paradise growing in Northern Ireland

So peaceful the variety of flowers and shrubs was fantastic. It is a beautiful walk around it and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
irenel416
Armagh, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews hidden gem small cafe plants and flowers full bloom hidden away sunny day great spot vegetables gardeners coffee benches cure autumn sunshine toilets
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2020

We had some time to spare during our trip to Bangor so decided to visit the Walled Garden which was a short walk from the Hotel. It was a lovely day so it was nice to get out in the fresh air & explore the area. This is a good place to visit with the kids or by yourself.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank hawkmatthews
Reviewed 11 September 2020

Oh an absolutely beautiful place.. just a pity it's so hidden away!! I always forget it exists..
I haven't been in a while with all this covid 19 going on.. but will definitely have to return as I loved it the last time I was there!
A really good spot for summer time I look forward to going back.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Whilst at the Starbucks a short hop up the road at the retail park we saw this on the map. So glad we came, it was beautiful, and also the car parking was plentiful and free. The gardens are kept tip top & looked amazing. There are benches around the outside where we sat for a while in the warm sun shine. Another nice thing was there was no issue with young children playing on the grass and running around, great to hear the laughter. There’s a small cafe with toilets too. If you are up for relaxing with a coffee, with a book and sitting in the sun this is right up your alley.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank Sid8775
Reviewed 20 July 2020

I'm so pleased to be able to walk round this amazing garden again, I've missed it. The gardeners are working hard to 'tame' nature again and it really is a great spot to see the collection of amazing plant/tree species.
I don't have a garden so this one I visit a lot during the months it's open.
Having missed 'Spring' in the garden due to Covid I am now looking forward to spectacular displays as always in August.
Before the work started on this hidden gem in 2007 we had a chance for a look around and when I look at my photos from then it's just incredible how it has developed. It's a credit to the gardeners who manage it - it just gets better every year.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 16 July 2020

The walled garden has recently opened up from COVID lockdown and is in full bloom. The place is a welcome break for the bleakness of the times. There is a 1 way system in operation around the gardens which help to keep people distanced and reduce unnecessary contact between visitors. The great Coffee Cure cafe is open (note its cash only) and so it is possible to get back into enjoying this wonderful garden in all its glory as you usually would.

Date of experience: July 2020