US$101
  • Beachfront
Rookery Manor(Edingworth)
US$77
Albany Lodge Guest House(Weston-super-Mare)(Great Value!)
US$76
Roedean Guest House(Weston-super-Mare)
TripAdvisor
Beverley Guest House(Weston-super-Mare)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdog towelswell behaved dogsthis hotel caterssea frontdog friendly hotelsmall dogbooked this hotelpublic areaslovely clean hotelgood sizerefurbished roomparking on sitekippersshower roomfull englishcar parklady on reception
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed here this weekend (we're just back!) while I walked the Weston Hospice Mendip Challenge. I don't normally need a hotel in WSM (we're Bristol based), so we chose looking to be nice to ourselves for a bit.

I also picked the hotel for location based of another booking site, but found the room to be of lovely size (it was a twin) with a good, clean and tidy and very nicely set bathroom. It was also very well furnished and decorated. The beds were comfortable (just right for me!) and the linen of high standard. I also appreciated the daily maid service even on a two day stay.

I promise you too that the attached photo was actually taken from the bed I used in the room ...

The hotel I gather was once the property of an organisation catering for the needs of the blind, and even today, blind visitors are regular retunees as I understand from speaking to them (in the bar, where else?) that they get assistance with things like choices at breakfast and organising excursions. The staff seemed very tuned in differing physical needs.

The hotel also are very well catered for other specliast needs, and we saw other visitors with specialist chairs made welcome and (I cannot speak for them, but this was my impression) well catered for. Certainly, I was finding handrails ate levels much lower than normal, stair lifts, stair gates, etc.

Dogs are welcome, and this is the only hotel I've stayed where I've seen a sign saying not "Do not disturb" but "Dog in room!". Approved. +1.

In fact, I would say that this is must inclusive hotel I've yet stayed at. If you have a need, then talk to reception and see if they can help. If not, book anyway. For that, serious respect to the team here.

For travellers, The hotel is being refurbished. As we left, reception is being redecorated, and some rooms have been refurbed, but others are due to done.

The room could have used a more powerful shower, and the car park is under pressure if the hotel is full, but that affected us none whatsoever.

Would normally rsate 4/5 on Mooke scales (the shower), but noted the +1 for the above standard efforts to accomdate the needs of those who have them. Respect that enormously. Well done. And should I need them agaim, trust me, Lauriston is on my radar ...

Room Tip: Cannot advise. |Rooms are undergoing some refurbishment (2018). Please bear this in mind.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Mr .Mrs D Bolton Leigh Lancs
we stayed 5 day 1/2 board the food was very good ,all the staff good and very helpful
we enjoyed our stay and will be staying again next year.
We was just yards from the Prom lovely sandy beaches plenty of places to eat
Bath and Cheddar was not far away to visit

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We held our third annual 848 Squad Royal Marines reunion at The Laureston and so glad we chose this venue. Formerly run by the RNIB, the hotel is now owned and run by Weston College where young people can gain knowledge and experience in hotel management/catering etc.
We were looked after so well, from the initial booking of 12 double rooms last year right through to the moment we booked out.
The young staff members were fantastic and helped plan our group dinner on the Saturday evening.
The rooms were clean and we had a lovely view of the beach and the Grand Pier - room F14.
I could ramble on, but suffice to say, we will return.

Room Tip: Room F14, views of the beach and sea front.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elwyn H
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Me my husband and my mother have just returned from a 5 day break at the Lauriston and have really enjoyed it, all the staff are friendly , helpful and attentive. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment at the moment and when its finished it will be one of the most impressive hotels in Weston, having just discovered it i hope they dont up the prices too much. Some guests have moaned about the breakfasts but they are perfectly fine, with top ups of toast, tea and coffee in an unrushed atmosphere
The hotel is suited to the older age group and they cater wonderfully for their vision impaired guests
With the money that Weston have spent on their town, promenade, beaches and open areas and now finding this little gem of a hotel i dont think that the south coast is worth the trip for us...we will most certainly be back to the Lauriston...thank you Lauriston

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann J
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Managed to park in their car park and was given a little ticket to display, hopefully this is to prevent non residents using it. Didn’t have one of the refurbished rooms unfortunately but it we stay again I will request one, ours was very dated but very clean. Had a room on the front but unfortunately Weston likes to make a lot of noise in the morning with street cleaning, deliveries and bin collecting from various buildings around which is the price you pay for such a good location. Would also be requesting a room at the back! It’s a very short walk to everything that you need. A lot of people have mentioned breakfast. It was ok it kind of feels that maybe the chef is bored, hope that makes sense. The staff are lovely, very friendly and accommodating which as many of the guests are of the older generation patience is a must. We’re in Weston 3/4 times a year and would use here again if the price point is right.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple