“The Peace and Quiet of the Pier”
Review of The Tiffany Room

The Tiffany Room
Price range: US$3 - US$33
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What better way to enjoy a relaxing, traditional English cream tea than amidst the period splendor of The Tiffany Room?
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Nice to get a away from the noise of the main pier. Service good, food nice but for what you get overpriced.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My 90 year old mother and I had afternoon tea bought for us as birthday presents by my daughter. The room was OK but would have been nicer if the tables had cloths. We had tea with Prosecco because of this we couldn't have tea or coffee unless we paid extra. What a joke. I have never had afternoon tea with this option before. As my mother wanted coffee she had to pay 2.45 on top of what the tea had cost. The coffee was so disgusting she couldn't drink it. The sandwiches we passable. The cakes rubbish and the scones were very nice. Only trouble was we were not given butter for the scones and we had one minature jam and one minature cream between the two scones. When we left the train was not running and my 90 year old disabled mother had to walk all the way back down the pier to meet my husband who was coming to pick us up. Will not be going back or recommending this venue to anyone.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Attended this restaurant on a Monday afternoon and it was empty so service was quick. Ordered a Cream Tea and it came with two fruit scones and a pot of tea. The almost frozen clotted cream and jam were disappointing as there wasn't enough to go round the two scones and just somewhat average. On the positive, the ambience and location was great - if they took their food quality up a gear, this could be a real gem.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

As a treat I took my mum here for afternoon tea and to be honest was truly disappointed! We had talked about going here for a long time so decided to go as a treat for the end of mum's holiday. The place was very busy and obviously understaffed nonetheless we were shown to a table very quickly. We waited about 10 mins before palcing our order and then waited about 35 mins for the order to come (even the tea took this long to appear).
The 3 tiered arrangement was disappointing. We had 2 rounds of sandwiches cut into quarters, 1 fruit scone each with some jam & clotted cream and a selection of tiny pastries. These pastries were only about 2cm square each and there was only 1 of each so by the time you cut each in half so we could both sample them it was hardly worth the effort.
I feel for the price of £21.95 for 2 you would be better off trying somewhere else. As for the only saving grace; the ambiance of the place was lovely.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I loved stumbling across this little place at the very end of the new pier.

We stayed for a light snack and a drink. Food was well priced, generous portions and quick service.

Would definitely recommend to escape the noise assault of the arcade!