“more than just a cafe”
Review of Cafe A' the Airts

Cafe A' the Airts
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Sanquhar
Reviewed 11 July 2017

A braw wee place to drop into for lunch or even just a coffee & a slice of CAKE. Really friendly staff ....... and did I mention the cakes ( the carrot cake is to die for) Also has the Gallery & theatre space upstairs and a well stocked gift shop where you can pick up genuine Sanquhar knitwear at a reasonable price

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My gran is dibectic and allergic to eggs. We arrived in sanquhar staying weekend and my gran needed somthing to eat as she has to eat 3 meals a day. There were another cafe up road mainly everything contain egg. So my gran pop back to hotel and told me there is cafe across road still opened so we popped into this cafe and the watriess said its only cakes left the kitchen is shut. My gran told the watriess that she is allergic to eggs and dibetic. The waitress said i will go and see what i could do she said we can heat up soup and my gran took this. The waitress and chef went out of there way to help a dibetic and allergies suffer now thats get great service.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Tucked away in Sanquhar this cafe/arts venue is worth dropping into for a bite and a browse. Good food, good coffee and a chance to admire local arts and crafts. It is also a performing venue which is worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely cup of real coffee here very nice surroundings too. A place that serves the community well with three floors including a small theatre on the top floor.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Good coffee and cake after a walk along the Southern Upland Way.
Arrived around 10 minutes before closing time and there were raised eyebrows on entering the cafe which we assumed was a sign we weren't that welcome. However, as there is a sign saying that coffee and cake orders are welcome right up to closing time we decided to order