“Marvellous”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Super little cafe perfectly located in the heritage village of Eyam in the Peak District. We bake gorgeous cakes and cook tasty savouries 7 days a week for you to enjoy, using fantastic local produce. Our coffee is Fairtrade, organic and rainforest certified but above all is expertly made and tastes great, and we do our bit to maintain the superb environment we are in by recycling and encouraging less packaging for our take-aways.So pop in before or after your walk, or if you're really organised phone ahead & order a posh picnic, crammed with goodies to enjoy on your walk. We'll happily fill your flask with our gorgeous soup on colder days.Free wi-fi is available, there are treats for your four-legged friends, so join us at VG for a warm welcome and a spot of heritage on the Eyam trail. Finalist in the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards Tea Room of the Year 2012, Cafe of the Year 2013. Awarded Peak District Environmental Quality Mark 2013 Free Wifi
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

How marvellous to find the Village Green tearooms- clean, well organised, welcoming and serving superb real food.
Located in one of the historic plague houses of Eyam. Choice of indoor or outdoor seating.
Choice of sweet potato and Brie slice was absolutely superb- a meal in itself.
Thank you.

1  Thank 1949etwall
There are newer reviews for Village Green

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We went a second time recently and it was equally as good as our first.

I was compelled to write another review after seeing the earlier review about a smaller than normal scone.

On my second visit I had a delicious brownie (the last one) and was pleasantly surprised when the waitress came over of her own accord and gave me half the price of it back, explaining it was a smaller than normal portion. I was already really happy with it so this was the icing on the cake, or brownie.

I've never experienced such good customer service in a cafe.

1  Thank BrightBlue
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a bite to eat on a weekday so it wasn't full but I imagine it will be packed at a weekend. The seating is pretty cramped so it will be worse when the place is full. I had a coffee and a piece of cake which was a little dry while my family had sandwiches which were very filling with not only sandwich but various accompaniments such as coleslaw. The coffee was OK, nothing special. The decoration was too twee for my tastes but the place was clean, warm and welcoming.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My wife and I enjoyed delicious cakes, in fact my wife rated the carrot cake as her best of 2017.
This is a really nice cafe with good food, good service and an interesting selection on the menu.
We would recommend this cafe, today was our third visit.

1  Thank JohNicWar
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Excellent and delicious home-cooked food and first class coffee or to tea to wash it down with! Rarely quiet but on a nice day sit at the tables outside and enjoy the sights of Eyam.

1  Thank Steven F