Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
US$89
  • Restaurant
1,804 results
All reviewsfour poster bedchester zoospa treatmentsbar areacheshire oaksfrom start to finishweekend breakcouldn't faultfull englishgymmollyfacial
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived and the rooms we booked were confused. No travel cot for my 7month year old so a single bed luckily did ok though we were on the top floor and had to do 4 flights of stairs!
The lady was snappy who ran the spa, no family changing room facilities so found it difficult. Also you don’t get a robe and slippers in your room so you have to take a separate spa bag which we didn’t prepare for.
The food is over priced and don’t expect service either. £7 for starters and desserts which were basic and £12 for an average burger and chips. Rooms need doing up a bit but clean enough however a double room is not a double room it’s two singles put together which is my pet hate. Wouldn’t recommend if I’m honest.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aprile F
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear AprilF

We are sorry to read that the hotel did not meet with your personal expectations and apologise for your overall disappointment. We are currently engaged in active redecoration at the hotel and whilst we do not usually receive such negative criticism of the prices, service or quality of food in the restaurant , I have noted your feedback. Like most hotels , we use zip link beds , this allows us the flexibility to use a room as either a twin or a double depending on our guests needs. I can only apologise of you felt this to be uncomfortable .

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Have just spent one night at this hotel in what I would describe as the worse room I’ve ever stayed in. My first impression of the room was one of shock horror! Furnishings were very,very tired, but only to Be expected in a room which has been untouched since the 70s.
The bed offered the worse nights sleep we’ve had in years, poor quality thin mattress where every spring could be felt.
The bathroom door is held together by only only one hinge, shower ( a gentle dribble) had no shower curtain or screen resulting in the bathroom floor becoming a small lake.
Heating was uncomfortably hot throughout the hotel, something commented on by several of the guests I spoke to.
Curtains were dirty and stained and the net curtains were an amazing shade of gray.
Room carpets very dirty and stained as was the one easy chair in the room,
The images presented in their website in no way reflect the general condition of the hotel which is extremely tired and in urgent need of massive expenditure.
On on positive note the breakfast was fairly good and plentiful.
In conclusion avoid this hotel like the plague and book yourself into the nearest Premier Inn where you will at least be able to enjoy a good nights rest!!

Room Tip: Book into a Premier Inn, avoid this hotel!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGJ2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the murder mystery evening. It was a little night away with my mum and 2 friends for a pre wedding celebration. Couldn't check in until 3pm; but were welcomed into the lounge for drinks. We also had sandwiches. Only negative was a little bit more filling, but they come with fries and salad so overall we were happy. Room was clean and nice for a short stay. Corridors were being painted and updated. Murder mystery was awesome and food lovely! Only thing that we expected was a formal welcome from the bar to announce that the evening was beginning. Breakfast lovely. Fresh fruit and not overly oiled cooked breakfast - buffet style. Suited us well. Pool + changing rooms were clean; if not a little chilly. Was informed of this fact on arrival to leisure suit. I hate using public showers (general cleanliness of them) ; but actually felt fine to use these. Gym looked well stocked with equipment. Front exterior was a little unnerving as we pulled up; as it didn't look as to what i expected; but interior was lovely and back grounds. Staff really sweet. There was a wake in the afternoon. Staff let us know they were coming which was nice to see. Planning our next murder mystery trip .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Tybalt00
Thank you for your lovely review and wonderful rating today . We are pleased to read that you had a relaxing pre wedding break and that the Murder Mystery evening was so well received.
Once again thank you for your lovely feedback and we wish you all the very best with the wedding.

Director

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We had 2 nights here last weekend. Booked this through Travel republic and had an amazing deal. Hotel a bit dated, but clean and staff very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Bar prices a bit steep but to be expected in a hotel. We didn't use the pool but used the gym. It was freezing in there but a good gym with all that you need. Would go again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicfarley
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear nicfarley

Thank you for your lovely review and rating today following your recent visit to the Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel and Spa. We are delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable break away and hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have stayed and used many local (North West) hotels for business meetings and have settled on the Brook Mollington Banastre as my first choice. Food is great amenities are exactly what I need for meetings and education delivery. Pleasant surroundings set in a lovely friendly atmosphere, the staff work very hard to deliver a first-class standard of care and are always willing to go that bit further and put themselves out to cater to all requests. I find the venue to be a tranquil and relaxing venue to deliver sometime bad business news. The free to guests swimming pool, spa and gym are great and my students and clients always take advantage of them. The Gym is not your normal hotel gym with only a couple of weights and one treadmill it is a fully fitted out gym with free weights, weights machines and several rowers and treadmills etc. I can not recommend the Mollington enough, the proof is in the pudding, as it were, as I will keep booking the Mollington for all my social and business needs.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear macro765
Thank you for settling on the hotel as your preferred choice whilst working in Chester and I am delighted to read that Mr Gavin and his team always look after you and all your business needs so well.
We are hugely appreciative of your comments today regarding this and also for your personal feedback on the warm welcome you receive from Mr Gavin and all his team.

Of course , please feel free to contact us and let us know if there is any more we can help you with in the future.