“Popped in whilst staying at the hotel.”

The Spa at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Remembered by swimsuit and made a point of visiting the pool area. Lovely lady on the spa reception explained that the steam room was being renovated, so I busiest myself in the pool and bubble bath. The pool was warm and clean and not at all busy. The spa pool was gloriously hot and wonderfully relaxing.

All reviews
"lovely relaxing day"
in 3 reviews
"steam room and sauna"
in 4 reviews
"afternoon tea with prosecco"
"lovely spa"
"visit chester"
"squash"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was not what I was expecting after paying £260 for a spa overnight stay, it was like going to the local swimming baths. The changing rooms were dirty and very rundown. The bar/brasserie was not manned and the food was extortionate for what it was. The treatments were fine but not great, The pool was full of kids which didn’t make for a calming experience for a spa day, let’s hope the hotel can do better!!

1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

6 of us purchased a voucher via Groupon for the above spa day. On arrival, the robe received was still stained from someone's fake tan, although it has been cleaned. Slippers were not provided, although it states on the hotel website they would be. The steam room was not functioning that day and the bottom of the whirlpool was full of sand for some reason?! It felt like being in a very run down public swim bath.
There was only Sam on the reception running miles, covering reception, serving drinks, mopping up around the pool. Sam was very helpful and accommodating. She kept her smile on even though she was receiving lots of complaint from all the other people.
The facilities are well outdated and in desperate need of refurbishment.
I will not recommend the spa facilities until they will make some improvements.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When we arrived we were convinced we were at the wrong place , we then realised we weren’t ! We thought we would give it ago got to reception greeted by a nice lady who told us to to make our way to the spa, when we got there we were very shocked 100% not a spa . Very dirty. Children swimming pool in the same area which to me isn’t a spa . We decided not to stay as we did not expect that at all. We have been to many spas and this is nothing compared to them . And also to be told we still have to pay. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Kristin Leigh C
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked myself in for a last minute spa day at Mollington Banastre which included a massage, facial and a cream tea.
Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who took my payment and gave me a towel and robe and asked if I would like to use the facilities whilst I was there. The pool was located directly behind the reception and I can only say it doesn't give off a relaxing atmosphere. It reminded me of the pool area in a Mr. Bean episode if I am completely honest, and not one you would expect at a spa.
The treatments were okay - I'm not sure what products they use but they certainly didn't suit my skin type as I had countless breakouts on the face immediately afterwards. She also had a rather strange facial technique which included massaging my eyeballs - leaving me with quite a dreadful headache.!
After my treatments I was directed into the "relaxation room" - basically this is a tiny room with a sofa facing a wall. My cream tea was to follow my treatments so I sat there patiently waiting to be seated or asked if I needed anything else.
40 minutes went by and still nothing so I went outside the spa to ask the receptionist where I am supposed to be. After being seated in the bar area I waited another 30 minutes for my coffee and scones to arrive.
There was a disgruntled group of ladies sat to my right complaining rather profusely about the poor service they have received which is never a good sign and a poor with screaming children to my left.

All in all, this spa is okay if you just was a treatment but I certainly would not call it a spa day as it was not at all relaxing. It is simply a leisure centre with treatment rooms attached. I paid £55 which I would usually think is quite a bargain but not for the lack of service received at this place.