See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly and welcoming pub with superb , well kept beers and food.
Menu is simple and very tasty with reasonable prices
Children’s menu available too.
Highly recommend for families with large outdoor seating area

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely food and generous portions. Staff very friendly and accommodating toward seating request. Food very fresh and arrived hot to our table. Typical English pub atmosphere and will return when next in the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as we were attending a family wedding.

The manager/landlord was quite possibly the rudest person I've ever come across, i felt as if we were an inconvenience to him by PAYING to stay in his pub accommodation.

The room was adequate for our needs, we did only need a place to sleep, however, I felt the room was not very clean, there were cobwebs galore, the net curtains looked like they hadn't been washed since they were put up in the 90's, the wardrobe was mouldy and damp....!

When I checked out, I didn't even receive a "has everything been ok?" (pretty standard really)
And when I handed over my money, I didn't even get a thank you...! RUDE..!

I visit Suffolk frequently, I will not stay here again neither will I recommend it..!

1  Thank Coxy1968
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here whilst attending a family wedding. With all of the rushing around happening whilst getting ready and getting to the church on time, somehow we had misplaced the key. After retracing our steps and turning the car upside down to find the key, my fiancé went into the pub with his tail firmly between his legs and apologised and confirmed we'd lost the key. The lady behind the bar initially gave him what she thought were the spare keys (which turned out to be spare keys for the other rooms), and another set given thereafter (which again, were for other rooms). The landlord was then informed, and he was heard by my fiancé, the lady behind the bar and other customers, swearing and shouting that it was our fault and we needed to sort it. My fiancé managed to speak to the landlord face to face, to which he said "the people before also lost the key so there is no spare". He then walked off.

Luckily for us, we managed to find the key on the floor while retracing our steps again. But if we hadn't, we would have had no help from a so called manager/landlord who refused to help us in this situation.

It's also worth noting that I am 6 months pregnant and we had our 4 year old son with us, desperate for the loo at the time. Still no help.

Useless and rude!

1  Thank abbiecox90
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to call in and have a lunch , after my first mouthful I was in a muddle I didn't say anything to my wife , we finished our meal walked outside and my wife said that was the worst lunch I've ever had. Very disappointed!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple