“Excellent”

The Dolaucothi Arms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Llanwrda
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Simple, hearty meals made from scratch from good stuff found not too far away. Call us if you would like to book a table for lunch or dinner. The menu changes frequently, depending on what’s good at the time! We will always have a suitable vegetarian option, if you have a special diet do let us know in advance and we’ll do our best to have something suitable for you.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stopped overnight in our camper( with Britstops). The staff and locals very friendly.
The pub was lovely and the food and beer was superb. Lovely walk on the Dolocothi estate. We will definitely be back

Karen C, Owner at The Dolaucothi Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments - hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our guide book claimed this to be a "truly excellent pub" and so we went out of our way to have dinner here during our recent stay in Wales. The atmosphere was warm and the staff pleasant, but it was to food which was surprisingly the real disappointment given the glowing ratings I had seen. I had the lamb shank "special", a bone with a pittance of foul-tasting leathery meat which was served with a side of plastic-like potatoes. My wife, who is vegetarian, had the chili which was edible, but which came with bland rice and a handful of tortilla chips drizzled with orange cheese. I would have sent the shank back, but looking at the other plates on the table, I had little hope of being able to get something better. This was easily the worst meal I had on our ten-day trip to the UK. While I almost never post reviews online,this experience demands it.

8  Thank Timothy H
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Staying nearby we chose this pub to have sunday lunch and it was very tasty. The people were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My husband and i drove up to wales from Southampton to visit his Nan who lives just outside of ffarmers and she recommended the dolaucothi arms. We are very glad she did.
From the moment we arrived everything was clean and tidy, comfortable and prompt. Nothing was too much trouble. The building its self was beautiful and the decor to match.
The bedroom standard (room 2) was fantastic. So comfortable and clean. We fell inlove with the bath and the products they used in there (Shampoo/conditiioner/bodywash.) We loved the mason jars with the shortbread and teas and coffee in. I thought that was a lovely decorative touch. They provide you with fresh milk instead of the plastic ones which definitley adds on to the value.
The wifi was great had no problems with it.
The bed was the comfiest bed i have ever slept on
Although there is a pub downstairs, we didnt hear a peep from them at all.
I loved the cat! Very cute!

We had dinner downstairs, it was nice and relaxing, nothing was too uch and the server was very attentive and my daughter thought she was very funny. Both my husband and i ordered the burgers which were juicy and moist. so yummy! Plus the piccalili was a nice extra touch.
Cute little gift shop which sold a variety of items to take back as trinkets from your holiday.

the next morning, we had breakfast they were very nice and cooked my eggs to order and was very scrummy. Cant stress enough how nice the milk was! so fresh and creamy! and the bacon! normally i find bacon quite dry and salty but this was the complete opposite! Moist and tender. We were left well rested and very satisfied.

Most definitely will return again next time were up visiting!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We visited this pub last night for the first time, the welcome was extremely friendly despite our small party being 15 minutes late - food was really excellent as was the service. The whole pub and bar was warm and clean. The place had a really good buzz, everyone enjoying themselves. It was really heartening to see a country pub so busy on a Tuesday evening in November. We run a local tourist attraction and will definitely be recommending this place to our visitors! Easy to find - right on the main road with a large car park