“What a Delight”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Chez Meme is an excellent restaurant that I recommend highly. It is an unpretentious, honest, restaurant that specialise in local, fresh produce, prepared and presented beautifully. The owners are welcoming, hospitable and, rightly, take pride in their food. Reservations are essential and I can see why, as it is well patronised by a clientele drawn from local and visiting customers. Thank you for the food and experience you provide.

There are newer reviews for Bistrot Chez Meme

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We dined with Australian visitors and recommended cuisses de canard confit as we had enjoyed this many times before. I was disappointed that my dish seemed tough and a little undercooked. It was far tougher than my companion's conifts de canard. Although no one enquired whether our meal was OK, I went to complain that my dish was tough. I was treated to a lecture from the waiter on the fine quality of the duck but maintained that this was tougher than I'd eaten it before. My plate was removed and the waiter said "Choose something else." By the time the waiter returned to ask my choice, my companions had almost finished their dishes, so I opted for the cheese course instead. This had to be re-ordered when dessert orders were taken and was very meagre in quantity. When we came to pay our bill, I was told that I would not be charged for my dish but this was the first time this had ever been done. I had clearly caused annoyance. I was again lectured on the quality of the canard, this time in English. I may not be a good judge of this particular dish but do not believe that customers should be made to feel so wrong about complaining. Only one wine available by the glass. Although "menu de jour" was written on the board outside, there was no mention of it as an option on the menu. Not a good dining experience!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Perfect lunch after a wine tasting at a top chateau nearby.
The menu du jour was lovely, wine by the jug extremely good.
Lots of locals eating there, good service.

1  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stopped in for lunch after visiting this beautiful wine area. The owners were very friendly and helpful, the menu was uncomplicated and the wine list the same.

Our main courses were the duck and the Andouillette sausage. The duck was quite fatty and fell short if the medium cooked that was asked for. The sausage was good, well seasoned and well cooked. The mashed potato that was served with the meals was very thin and runny. The overall presentation lacked in appearance.

The Vin du Maison (rose) was a good choice.

The restaurant had a very local friendly bistro feel and was full.

In summary, good but not great.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We enjoyed lunch here while visiting the local wine region. This is a real slice of country French cooking! Food was tasty and genuine. Wine list is brief and had some local names on it of course. Place was busy with what seemed like local people from the surrounding area. Worth a look.

1  Thank jwobkk