“fun restaurant with good food”

St. Stephen's Green Publick House
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My go to restaurant. Very good traditional Irish pub with varied menu. I love the beef stew and Shepherd's Pie being two of my favorites. Giant sandwiches and all entrees hearty size. Excellent service. Sometimes there is also entertainment which lends to the festiveness of the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Easy going pub with some traditional Irish offerings. Corned beef, good cod, fish and chips of course.

The food is good. Excellent selection of Irish and English beers on tap

Service is pleasant and the prices are reasonable for that part of New Jersey.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrated a birthday lunch here, beef stew was amazing- fresh veggies, tender meat , pulled pork was also very good & the chili was also good. Service was a little slow- Only one waitress for the whole place & there was s small part y in the back so she really had to hustle. Will definitely return

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My boyfriend and I came here with friends who are regulars for apps and drinks. We had to go to the bar multiple times because the waitress was no where to be found and one of our meals came out in error. Upon leaving, we each split the bill and separately tipped. Everyone in our party tipped the waitress PATTIE W. appropriate to the service. $320 bill tip of $57, we got up from our table and before even exiting the restaurant, the waitress PATTIE W. VERBALLY ATTACKED our party, raised her voice at us, and made a scene in front of other customers leaving the restaurant over not receiving a tip she "thought" she deserved. TOTALLY unacceptable and extremely unprofessional. We are very upset over the service of the waitress Pattie W. and the way she made us feel uncomfortable. Sorry you're service is not up to par to 20%. Will not recommend.

3  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner a few days before Saint Patrick's Day. Very Irish nostalgic pub. I remember coming here when I was little when it was known as Eggimans Tavern. The food is very Irish minded . They offer homemade Irish butter and Irish soda bread for every table. I had a Swiss burger which is served with an English muffin instead of a roll(kudos). Not only do they have homemade fries they have homemade kettle chips which my daughter had. They're a little bit on the expensive side but definitely worth the trip once in awhile. This was our third time attempting to get in though ,the past two times, the wait was over an hour. So be prepared to wait on their busy times.