“Fine lunch dining”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We have visited Acqui Terme several times over the past few years but never at I Caffi.

Looking for a lunchtime restaurant on a Tuesday we saw that I Caffi was both open and offers a lunchtime fixed price menu. We walked up passing the Roman amphitheatre and booked a table for two at 12.30 and then returned to the busy street market for some retail therapy.

Arriving on the dot of 12.30 up the grand granite staircase we heard the door being unlocked and opened to let us in.

Very grand, high ceilings rooms, friendly and helpful staff and a delicious range of seasonal food made for a great lunch.

We selected a local white wine sold by the glass and coffee to finish.

Relaxed, calm and comfortable it was a memorable meal.

Two points of note to me, salt and pepper in mills was put on the table along with olive oil. None of the dishes really needed them but the choice was ours. Secondly no additional teasers between courses. No amuse bouche, no palate cleansers, no fondant chocolates with coffee. The food spoke for itself.

An excellent experience all round for a very reasonable final bill.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

If you’re in Acqui Terme is this really the place the place to eat... WAUW! SUPER! You have to taste

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful menu: vegetables (aubergine flan and Mille feuille) meats and pasta. Original and delicious!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Yesterday we had a great dinner with my family in I Caffi, everything was very tasty, service excellent as well meeting all expectations. We had the small menu and got an appetizer for free.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this (Michelin star awarded) restaurant, using a Groupon voucher in which we were promised to get a dinner for two for only € 99,00 instead of the 'normal' price of € 350,00.
If we should have payed that amount of money for the meal that was served, we would surely have had a very, very great argue with the owner ...
Everything that was served was 'good', only one component could be a 'Michelin star' serving. We have eaten more special dinners in this region, for less money.
Maybe they thought the same, because the additional ordered Berta grappa (a great one) was not billed. A little compensation for a average meal.